C4 Forums | Control4

Chowmain - Sky New Zealand Channels driver

alanchow

Chowmain%20Logo%20Transparent%20Medium.png

Chowmain - Sky New Zealand Channels driver 

Sky Network Television Limited (branded as SKY) is a New Zealand pay television satellite TV provider. It is also a wholesale channel provider to New Zealand cable television provider Vodafone. On 30 June 2018, Sky had 767,727 subscribers across satellite and OTT services, making it the largest pay television platform in New Zealand. Despite the similarity of name and services, such as Sky Go and My Sky+ shared with its British equivalent, Sky, there is no connection between the companies. 

The Chowmain Sky New Zealand Channels driver is designed to replace the existing RF_SKY cloud driver to automatically get the latest channels from Sky including channel numbers, names, icons, currently playing information and more. 

Features

• Updates data every 10 minutes - Channel Numbers,Channel Names, 
    Channel Logos,Currently playing data for each channel,Synopsis, duration, ratings for each channel 
  • Selects the first unused sky box available in that particular room or if a sky box is in use in that room will send the channel to that box. 
  • Programatically select a channel for playback in a particular room. 

FAQ 

Can you give us some examples of how we could use this driver? 

• Channel surfing is now easier than ever with Control4. 
  • Programatically select a channel. Tie the programming to a keypad on the wall, schedule or more. 

What Sky driver will this work with? 
This driver is designed as a replacement RF_SKY driver and will work with any New Zealand Sky driver with a RF_SKY binding. It is recommended that you obtain the latest Sky driver from AVA Pacific for control over the actual box. 

What Control4 hardware will this work on? 
Yes our driver allows for swing control. This is accessible under the Extras Tab. 

• Onscreen Navigator 
  • SR-250 
  • SR-260 
  • T3 
  • MyHomePC 

How do I find out more information about the driver? 
Please see the links below for more information about the driver. 

Chowmain Website 

Installation Guide 

How do I buy the driver? 
This driver can be purchased from our distributor driverCentral. 

Download Driver / Purchase Licence 

Who do i contact for technical support? 
We have two support desks. One in Australia and one in the US. Click on the link below for details. 

Support 

Do you provide trial licences? 
All Chowmain drivers for Control4 come with a 7 day trial. 

Sky+NZ.gif 

4 hours ago, enzeder said:

Looks great.

I get sky through Vodafone TV.

Channel mappings are different.

Any chance we might get a driver that works with that?

Is it possible to manually change the channel mappings?

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Unfortunately the channel numbers are automatically generated from the data upon every poll (10 minutes).

At this stage I am not sure if we can get a Vodafone Channels driver. Sorry

• 2 years later...

Channels no although they are now the same as sky.

Got a VTV driver from my dealer, they learned the various codes and I found a nice icon for them. Works well.

your dealer should be able to do the same if there still isn’t an “official” driver

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2021 at 8:43 PM, enzeder said:

Channels no although they are now the same as sky.

Got a VTV driver from my dealer, they learned the various codes and I found a nice icon for them. Works well.

your dealer should be able to do the same if there still isn’t an “official” driver

If the channel numbers are the same as Sky then you should be able to use our Sky Channels driver as long as the Vodafone TV box has support to goto a specific channel.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.