C4 Forums | Control4

Videostorm Netplay TV and Chowmain IRUSB Driver interoperability issue.

Cbell

Issue Statement:

I have Video Storm NetPlay TV and the Videostorm IRUSB Chowmain driver running on the same Nvidia Shield but the drivers appear to be interfering with each other.

Currently running on the Nvidia Shield:

Kodi (Chowmain VideoStorm IRUSB)

Netplay TV (IR Via IR Blaster off of EA-1) 

YouTube (Casting only - But would like SR260 Pause/stop etc)

User Experience:

If the IRUSB App (which I use to control Kod) is running in the background, and I try to use my SR-260 remote to manipulate the Net Play TV; I.e hit the "guide" button to show my Verizon Fios Set top Guide, or change the channel,etc... the IRUSB App interfers, executing the associated command mapped via the Chowmain driver. In the case of the Guide button, the IRUSB will display the main screen of the Nvidia Shield, rather then showing me the Verizon Fios Guide from the Set top box. If I hit the Guide button twice, then you'll get the Nvidia Shield Multi-Task window, which is not the desired result. 

The Ask:

Is there any way for both drivers to play nicely. I would like to be able to run both my Net Play TV App for my Verizon Fios TV, and, the Kodi mini app with the IRUSB Driver, without having to dedicate a Nvidia Shield per App

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Archived