C4 Forums | Control4

Sharp Roku TVs (made by Hisense) or other Roku TVs

zaphod

Just now, HTI Customs said:

Ok so I just confirmed making video endpoint the fake tv as described in documentation and all other endpoints for the room bound to the avr it will work as you would expect / as it should. Haven't had to reselect anything.

The client has sources connected to the TV AND sources connected to the AVR.  The TV outputs its audio to the AVR.  What if you have sources bound to an AVR AND sources bound to the TV (matrix driver)?  How does it behave? 

Yes Connections should be as follows:

Video end point : fake tv

Video Audio endpoint: AVR

Video Volume: AVR

sources into AVR > AVR OUT to appropriate HDMI input on "ROKU MATRIX" > HDMI OUT of "ROKU MATRIX" to fake tv

local sources into "ROKU MATRIX" into appropriate HDMI inputs

Optical audio out of "ROKU MATRIX" to appropriate input of AVR.

It really is no different than any other setup with the exception of adding a "FAKE TV" to bind the "ROKU MATRIX" to and make the "FAKE TV" the video endpoint

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

We have released an all new RokuTV driver which uses a TV proxy. Uses Control4 mini apps and will track and select the appropriate icon and app name on navigator (touchscreen, Android, iOS ect) remotes will only reflect app name.

This is a "universal" RokuTV driver. Meaning it works with virtually ALL RokuTVs. 

Confirmed manufacturers:

Sharp

Hisense

TCL

Insignia

https://www.blackwiredesigns.com/store/roku-tv-ip/

1 hour ago, HTI Customs said:

There is support for the other Roku driver. We just updated it to mirror the functionality  and  features we put into the RokuTV  driver. However we highly recommend using the proper TV driver.  

Got your Roku driver to integrate a Roku TV at the beginning of last month and still very appreciative for all the customer support and feedback you provided to make that work as well as it has. Just a little curious if there's any significant value in me adding (replacing) this new driver to my project when the "old" driver seems to be working quite well? 

• 3 months later...

Could someone here sell me this driver ?  Just added the trial to a 3.0 project and it works perfectly.  Much better than previous IR/TV+Roku stuff that I have used.

Please PM me if you have a Blackwire account and can help.  Thanks.

24 minutes ago, OceanDad said:

Could someone here sell me this driver ?  Just added the trial to a 3.0 project and it works perfectly.  Much better than previous IR/TV+Roku stuff that I have used.

Please PM me if you have a Blackwire account and can help.  Thanks.

I can get that driver and have an account with Blackwire. 

1 minute ago, OceanDad said:

Thanks everyone who replied - much appreciated.  I'm up and running - absolutely recommend this driver for Roku TV's.  Full control, including power and volume.  Easy to set up.

Thank you for the awesome feedback!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.