C4 Forums | Control4

Alarm panel not near controller - how to connect?

C4S

Hi - My Honeywell Vista 20p panel is upstairs in my wiring closet. My HC800 director is downstairs in my living room. I am hoping to integrate my alarm into C4, but uncertain how to physically connect the two. I may have a dedicated Ethernet cable between the two, but don’t think I do.

Any thoughts are much appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best would be to see if you can have a wire in be tween - I would use a 4 conductor to get the integration module near the controller.

Global Cache and may other for me have been....not too ggreat.

If I had to do it wirelessly I would get a CA1 controller at this point.

Thanks! Someone had also suggested an HC250 if I can’t hardwire to the 800. My media room has an HC250 in it, so if I need another controller, I guess I can buy a 250 and put it in the closet or I could upgrade the media room 250 to and EA1 and move the existing 250 to the closet. Other than a longer useful life, not sure why I would or would not want the EA1 vs the 250 in the media room.

Actually the recommendation from @Cyknight was a CA-1 which is less expensive than an EA-1 but still more expensive than an HC-250.  "Longer useful life" and continued support in future Control4 OS upgrades would be your main factors.

6 hours ago, C4Scott said:

Thanks! Someone had also suggested an HC250 if I can’t hardwire to the 800. My media room has an HC250 in it, so if I need another controller, I guess I can buy a 250 and put it in the closet or I could upgrade the media room 250 to and EA1 and move the existing 250 to the closet. Other than a longer useful life, not sure why I would or would not want the EA1 vs the 250 in the media room.

Problem with HC250 is that they have 3.5mm connections for serial only, and a lot of security panels don't really like those. The CA1 has a rj45 jack with all required 'pins'

Same goes for the Ea 1 actually. and ea3

Archived