C4 Forums | Control4

DS2 intercom prob- TS too

Ok I need help on this one, I have a DS2 and 2 older 7in TS that we’re working up until about 2 days ago, the newer infinity edge is showing up, but the others on the communications page are showing not available or something, the one that obviously will show up is saying “idle” - these were all working before mind you. 

So I’ve updated the ds2 to the newest software tried SDDP no SDDP (no SDDP makes the camera on the C4 app load way faster too) but I’m stuck. I looked at the system manager page on the EA3 I’m running as director, and it looks like everything is enabled, there is also a 250 in the project as a second zigbee node upstairs, could it have something to do with this? 

If anyone has seen anything like this before and could possibly help it would be greatly appreciated

controller version 2.10.4  

sorry i left the house when I took that picture below 

E9DD6423-1186-42E4-B5FF-74CBF6ED89BD.jpeg

Both are C4-TSWMC7
Door station is DS2 standard not mini
Powered by Poe
We were having a lot of trouble loading the stream on the app from the DS until I stopped using SDDP now the stream loads quickly and fine, before it would just spin and spin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t know what to do here, I’ve seen a lot of funky things, but I’m going on about 30 hours of troubleshooting with this thing. I cannot understand why it would suddenly stop showing up on intercom.
I updated the firmware last night and it seemed to work for about a few hours, then it was back to the grey out on the intercom page, and the device list on communication agent is “not ready” except for the foyer TS which says “idle” and works all around

Not sure if this is related at all, but I added a DS2 Mini to my project today.  All was working great...Then i updated the driver from 231 to 232.  Followed the documentation for driver updates, which said to reboot the Controller after the driver update, and then click the 'auto config' button.

Ever since doing this, my DS2 shows as offline on my T3's and Intercom Anywhere on my phones.  Looking at the Communication Agent, it shows as "0: Not Ready".

I didn't change any other settings on the driver or directly in the DS2 web interface...

Correct, this is exactly what I have going on, I reset the gateway in composer pro which had no response to the request. I then rebooted the controller (ea3) and it then said “ registered” not “offline” which gave me the T3 touchscreen as well back.
Now here is the strangest part, the one and only thing I changed the day this all started, was I moved a 250 out of the rack to an upstairs den (the 250 was originally running extra ir’s and a second input into the video matrix for tv navs) I reconfigured it as a second Zigbee node for that upstairs area, which in turn knocked off a 1/2 the keypads in the house that all needed to be re synced with the zigbee. So I’m wondering if doing this (making the 250 a “stand-alone” controller) played a part in all this, because this was all working for months until I did those 2 things- the software update/reboot/auto config- and the controller change

But, I did make sure to look at the device manager pages of both the ea3 and the 250. The ea3 shows running director, and also you can see in the picture it’s running my communications server- and the 250 has director disabled, amongst a lot of other things I do not know what they do. But “freeswitch” was enabled on the ea3, and I’ve tried enabling it on the 250 to see if there was a change, but no go.
Above I wrote about the SDDP issue, I’ve noticed since the update my ea3 is loosing connection to SDDP devices throughout the day, like the matrix amp or Sony tvs will not come on- but using the physical IP address (dhcp reserved) works perfectly. So something has changed and is new with all this, and it’s all around the time I updated the DS, I turned auto update on after as well because I can’t keep updating a door station every month if this is what’s going to keep happening

So I removed by DS2 Mini from the project (where it was identified by IP).  I re-added it to the project, and identified by SDDP.  Once that was done, I re-setup everything in the driver and refreshed navigators.  Went to a T3, hit intercom, and it was still grayed out. 

I then got distracted and moved on to something else (those football games can do this 🙂 ).  Came back about an hour later, went to the T3, hit intercom, and the DS2 was now available.  So I checked the Communication Agent, and it still said "0: Not Ready".  For giggles, I went and hit the button on the DS2, and it called out to all devices.  It now shows up as available on Intercom from T3s and the Intercom Anywhere app, however Composer still showed it as "0: Not Ready".

Then this morning, I read this thread, go back and look in composer, and it now shows "1: Idle".

No idea what is going on here - I'm hoping that it was related to the driver update, and that this doesn't happen again.  Removing and re-adding it seemed to do the trick, although it also seems like it took some time for everything to sort out after that was done...

Ok, so-
All the devices including the touchscreens HAVE to be connected SDDP for the communication to work with the DS2 and TS-
I updated to 2.10.5 this morning, removed driver, installed/updated, nothing worked. Until we connected the devices SDDP after the new update. That finally fixed it

Wow, glad you got this working.  My T3's and DS2 are all connected by SDDP since I re-added the DS2 last evening.  I bet you're relieved to have this working, and frustrated that it took as long as it did to sort it out.  I'm just hoping that it doesn't do this again...

Oh I am, I think the worst part is when the customer starts doubting your capabilities. I tried to explain that sometimes situations arise that have never been experienced. So I’m just glad that update seemed to do the trick along with the SDDP. I’ve never had any issues with SDDP before and it’s always seemed rock solid, but when the IP control started disconnecting from all the SDDP devices I was getting worried. Strangely with the matrix switch (binary 6x6) when losing the SDDP would start turning multiple TV’s on with different rooms, so example you would turn one on, and 2 others would come on as well??? Removing SDDP and putting in the ip fixed it on all the devices, but in turn stopped whatever handshake the controller uses to run the intercom anywhere. Previous in the same aspect as I said above, SDDP with the DS wouldn’t load the camera stream on the C4 app, but the IP address would. So crazy. Now it all works as it did thank GOD!
And thanks to everyone who helped or had suggestions , I really appreciate it

On 12/3/2018 at 12:01 PM, Hometronics-SF said:

Ok, so-
All the devices including the touchscreens HAVE to be connected SDDP for the communication to work with the DS2 and TS-
I updated to 2.10.5 this morning, removed driver, installed/updated, nothing worked. Until we connected the devices SDDP after the new update. That finally fixed it

Why would you ever ID devices another way... ... ...?!?!

12 minutes ago, Hometronics-SF said:

You obviously didn’t read above why it was identified like that.. read back before you ask

You obviously have something else happening in your system, and you're lucking into things working better, not fixing issues.

Issues with SDDP usually means a network which isn't handling multicasts well.

2 hours ago, Hometronics-SF said:

Well thanks for your incredible input.

Pakedge gear didn’t change throughout
All working for months before I updated the ds2
Network gear and setup still the same, now working fine again
Not the network

Identifying them by IP address certainly wasn't the fix, so, since you haven't found the culprit, you can't rule anything out.

The FACT remains that issues with SDDP are usually caused by the network. FACT. I'm not troubleshooting your network or your system, it's a FACT that issues with SDDP (which is a multicast-dependent protocol) are usually caused by the network.

If you knew that, you would have known that identifying a device by IP address isn't a fix, it's a bandaid for network issues.

And just because your Pakedge gear didn't change, that doesn't rule out a network issue. So, keep ruling out things you haven't ruled out. I don't care, it's not my project. Or, you could take someone's comment and try to use it and not dismiss it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.