C4 Forums | Control4

DS2 intercom prob- TS too

• 5 months later...

On 12/3/2018 at 8:11 AM, Gary Leeds UK said:

Just Check our Intercom App and Our DS2 (Mini) is also off line Too.

All TS and Mobile Devices are working

Tried the Reset on Gateway - Nothing 

Just did a Restart on DS2 from HE - Back online

How do you restart the DS2 from HE?

• 4 months later...
On 12/5/2018 at 6:10 PM, thegreatheed said:

Identifying them by IP address certainly wasn't the fix, so, since you haven't found the culprit, you can't rule anything out.

The FACT remains that issues with SDDP are usually caused by the network. FACT. I'm not troubleshooting your network or your system, it's a FACT that issues with SDDP (which is a multicast-dependent protocol) are usually caused by the network.

If you knew that, you would have known that identifying a device by IP address isn't a fix, it's a bandaid for network issues.

And just because your Pakedge gear didn't change, that doesn't rule out a network issue. So, keep ruling out things you haven't ruled out. I don't care, it's not my project. Or, you could take someone's comment and try to use it and not dismiss it.

Reset your POE switch and everything will work. Yes its a symptom of a network error at the POE switch

• 1 year later...

I had a similar problem where often the intercoms were not ready, but then sometimes they would just magically work.

What I found is that the sipproxy service was enabled on my director. Sipproxy and freeswitch both try to listen on the same TCP & UDP port number. Whichever one grabs it first at boot time works, and the other is broken. For the new communications agent, you want freeswitch, so make sure sipproxy is disabled.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.