C4 Forums | Control4

Videostorm IRUSB with Netplay and Chowmain Drivers

flikfoto

Is anyone successfully using the Chowmain Videostorm IRUSB drivers with a system that is running Videostorm  Netplay?

If so, have you gotten any mini-drivers to work? What did you connect Virtual Switcher of the Chowmain Driver to in your connections? 

Any help of suggestions to getting this to work would be helpful? When Netflix (Chowmain Mini Driver) gets selected from Navigator it seems to be stuck on a black screen which I have been able to identify as the NETPLAY TV App on the shield. I think the issue is that we do not have the Virtual Switcher of the Shield driver connected to the right thing in Netplay?

Any assistance would be most helpful.

I'm  not using the chowmain driver but I've had the same issue during conversion from a few of my zones from VRX020 to the Netplay Home.  Running amazon fire tv 4k sticks in those zones.

Selecting any mini-app always takes to the black "select video source screen'  Did a lot of poking around but can't figure out what's causing it.

I did note, after selecting the mini app in C4 (watch>Netflix for example), once the black screen is up if I hit the C4 Cancel button on remote the app launches.  Strange.

I put in a ticket with VS for some assistance.  

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 10:12 PM, flikfoto said:

Thanks for the response.

That is exactly what I am experiencing. If you hear back or get any lead on how to fix the issue I woud like to know.

i am running a Shield. 

FYI - Videostorm just posted a driver update which fixes this with their driver.  For my system, turns out the timing between Netplay and IRUSB was a little off which resulted in the symptoms you describe.  Since you are using Chowmain's driver, I suspect he might need to add a similar delay

Archived