C4 Forums | Control4

Audio Streaming Services Working but not getting any Sound

Hi Guys, 

Next Problem. I'm having issues with the Music Streaming Services. Specifically Deezer. 

Set up is HC800 connected to a C4 Audio Switch and a C4 8 Zone Audio Amp.

Samsung TV connected via Denon AVRx-3000 Amp connected to HC800 for Home Theater.

The deezer subscription is active - and when I select listen to Deezer - and "Start Flow" - I see the Album Artwork come up on my iPhone and I can change tracks and everything, but I am not getting any sound, not from any zones, Satellite Sound is playing correctly - so I know that the speakers are working in all zones.

I am not getting sound from Deezer or Airplay when airplaying to an audio zone controlled by the 8 zone. Inside Composer under the "Status" I get "Streaming" when I have a device connected.

IF I send the audio to the "TV Room" - Which plays via the Denon amp - the sound works, so it's related to the 8 zone. 

Thoughts? 

I have the same problem with my HC250. After powering cycle the audio streaming works again but some time after (2 or 3 weeks) the problem appears. Wiring is ok, internet connection and service are ok.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

I had the same issue last week with my digital services: Napster, TuneIn, MyMusic, etc. Would show as working but no audio. If I switched to my tuner via my C4 amp or streamed to one of the Speakerpoints I got audio. My dealer updated me from. 2.10.4 to 2.10.5 and all worked again. Hopefully for the longterm.
I'm running an 800 with matrix amp

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This happened to me on an EA5 yesterday.  Stream was playing fine in the kitchen.  The exercise room took over the output, changing sources (I think Pandora was streaming in the kitchen, and it was changed to Amazon music).  After the change, it played about 1 second of audio, and then went silent.  After that, any changes to the now playing audio would play for a fraction of a second, and then it would quit. 

The only way that you'd get sound was to select a different song, playlist, or change music streaming services, and it would just give you a second of audio and then nothing, all of the while showing that it was playing on the navigators.

Changed to use Sonos instead of the EA5 streams, and got by for the day.  There director was restarted last night for an unrelated driver update, and now this morning everything is working again using the EA-5 streaming sources ( I can only assume that the restart fixed it, because nothing else changed).   I think that there's a bug here somewhere, but I haven't figured out how to repro it yet...

Archived