C4 Forums | Control4

SR-260 Sleeping and not waking up

BuddyC

I have heard of some people experiencing the 260 remote sleeping and not waking up problem.  Has anyone found a solution?  I have 5 remotes and 2 of them do it very consistently.  I am on 2.10.4 and this has been happening for a couple OS versions.  I have one remote where I can use it, set it down, pick it up in 5 min and it won't wake up.  I have to re-seat the battery and reboot it.  The battery is fully charged on the docking station, docking station setting is on, I've factory reset it, we've removed it from the project and added it back in.  Nothing seems to make a difference.  The screen isn't just dim, it's off.  Any luck fixing it or is it an RMA?

Thank you, Don

Interesting that you mention it.  The other day, I walked into a room that we rarely use that has an SR260.  I could hear a really, really high pitched noise (nearly inaudible), and I started walking around.  Eventually traced it to the remote.  I then picked up the remote, and it wouldn't turn on.  I assumed the batteries were dead, and put in fresh ones, and it booted right up. 

The next morning, I walked into that same room, and heard the same high-pitched noise.  I walked over the remote, picked it up, and it was dark / unresponsive again.  I pulled the batteries, booted it up, and brought it to the counter in a high-traffic area so I could monitor it.  It hasn't done it since...same batteries, same non-use, but it's on a completely different end of the house...

I'm on 2.10.5, and all SR260's are on remote version 2.1.104.  I've only seen this on 1 of the 8 SR260s we have laying around.

1 hour ago, dw886 said:

Interesting that you mention it.  The other day, I walked into a room that we rarely use that has an SR260.  I could hear a really, really high pitched noise (nearly inaudible), and I started walking around.  Eventually traced it to the remote.  I then picked up the remote, and it wouldn't turn on.  I assumed the batteries were dead, and put in fresh ones, and it booted right up. 

The next morning, I walked into that same room, and heard the same high-pitched noise.  I walked over the remote, picked it up, and it was dark / unresponsive again.  I pulled the batteries, booted it up, and brought it to the counter in a high-traffic area so I could monitor it.  It hasn't done it since...same batteries, same non-use, but it's on a completely different end of the house...

I'm on 2.10.5, and all SR260's are on remote version 2.1.104.  I've only seen this on 1 of the 8 SR260s we have laying around.

How old is that remote that is/was humming?  

3 minutes ago, mstafford388 said:

How old is that remote that is/was humming?  

It's from 2016, but it has about 1 month of normal use because the room that it's in the TV is rarely used (I think the TV has like 100 hours on it).

Just now, dw886 said:

It's from 2016, but it has about 1 month of normal use because the room that it's in the TV is rarely used (I think the TV has like 100 hours on it).

Ok it was likely just an electrostatic discharge which dumping the battery would fix.  there was a software issue with a batch of new remotes that caused the hum that there is a fix for but that wouldn't be the problem with yours. 

2 minutes ago, mstafford388 said:

Ok it was likely just an electrostatic discharge which dumping the battery would fix.  there was a software issue with a batch of new remotes that caused the hum that there is a fix for but that wouldn't be the problem with yours. 

Is it odd that it happened two days in a row?  It could have been humming for some time before I noticed it the first time (replacing the batteries), however it happened again the next night.  Hasn't happened since...

Just now, dw886 said:

Is it odd that it happened two days in a row?  It could have been humming for some time before I noticed it the first time (replacing the batteries), however it happened again the next night.  Hasn't happened since...

yeah it's a little odd.  If it happens again I'd get your dealer involved. 

Archived