C4 Forums | Control4

Smart outlets

kpot96

49 minutes ago, LollerAgent said:

TP-Link Kasa.

Another vote for the TP-Link Kasa outlets. You can integrate via the Chowmain driver and have them in your navigators with instant two-way feedback if you want. If you're only thinking about using Alexa and not concerned about integration, they seem to be some of the fastest responding items I've used with Alexa commands.  

So for the Tp-Link, is the easiest, or only route to integrate is via the Chowmain driver? 

Just asking in case I buy and have my dealer add to my system, what's the best way to describe to them on what is needed to integrate. Thanks in advance. 

36 minutes ago, konieczn said:

So for the Tp-Link, is the easiest, or only route to integrate is via the Chowmain driver? 

Just asking in case I buy and have my dealer add to my system, what's the best way to describe to them on what is needed to integrate. Thanks in advance. 

The Chowmain TP-Link Kasa driver is the best way to integrate as you'll get instant response and two-way feedback. You can also use them with C4 if you have the IFTTT driver (also from Chowmain), but you'll only have one-way feedback and there'll be a short (~1-2 sec) delay in any action occurring. The IFTTT driver is great for a number of other things too so it's a great value if you don't have it already. 

We have quite a few outlets you can control.

https://www.chowmainsoft.com/drivers-for-control4-io

Also might be worth while changing the bulb to a controllable bulb.  This gives you more freedom than outlets can with dimming and RGB.  Some of the bulbs include TP-Link, Yeelight and LIFX

https://www.chowmainsoft.com/drivers-for-control4-lighting

Archived