C4 Forums | Control4

SONOS SPOTIFY

Control4 can only call up Sonos favorites. So your options are a bit limited but will work. Can leverage the auto room on function of the Sonos driver in control4 to reflect those speakers being on if you initiate Spotify from it's app to play on a Sonos device

55 minutes ago, C4junkie said:

Yep. That's why I have taken music out of C4. Control4 is lame for Spotify users. They have had years to get it implemented into their platform properly. Sure - they made Control4 hardware endpoints Spotify Connect endpoints (like Sonos did). This was a positive step. But they have done nothing to help Control4 users on the software and control side of things..(who are also Spotify lovers). It's a pity. But it doesn't matter anymore. With the likes of Alexa etc. IMO

From I have read, that was a spotify choice for what they want 3rd party to have access to. I dont think most other systems have that much better of an experience

Most of those apps, mind you on a phone and not an automation controller, are hack jobs  and most likely could be shut down at any moment from Spotify  

C4 won’t create drivers without the manufacturers full consent.  What they have is what Spotify gave them to work with.

16 minutes ago, C4junkie said:

Yep sure. I get that they have to do the right thing with "proper consent" etc. Lawyers. Like they really know how to push the tech boundaries forward! Don't they? They are really productive and better mankind. :) Meanwhile as the whole world of control seems to be moving so fast to things like Alexa, Google and Apple etc - Control4 playing straight ball and all, seems to just get more and more left behind. I get that. It is what it is. 

More so not using resources for something that is unsupported and could die tomorrow. Wasting their and our time

On 1/4/2019 at 4:45 PM, C4junkie said:

Yep. That's why I have taken music out of C4. Control4 is lame for Spotify users. They have had years to get it implemented into their platform properly. Sure - they made Control4 hardware endpoints Spotify Connect endpoints (like Sonos did). This was a positive step. But they have done nothing to help Control4 users on the software and control side of things..(who are also Spotify lovers). It's a pity. But it doesn't matter anymore. With the likes of Alexa etc. IMO

Can you elaborate on this?  I am not a playlist guy - I generally want to play albums and I have no issues playing Spotify music to C4 using Spotify Connect using mobile devices (iPhone, iPad) or desktop PCs.

• 2 months later...
On 1/10/2019 at 4:32 AM, C4junkie said:

I really have no idea, I loaded the Sonos and Spotify skills and it just works! Spotify is a revelation. It's a sensation. I am sitting here listening now controlling all my connect zones via my app and I'm not even logged into wifi! Seamless. No idea (again) how it does this. Spoooky! It just does! 

Would you mind sharing a print screen of the programming in Composer?  My wife would really love this.

Archived