C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 volume control not working

Samsung and DirecTV remotes control tv volume as normal. Control4 remote and the Control4 app work normally but they stopped controlling volume yesterday. I'm not aware of any updates or power interruptions. I unplugged the controller and I have reset the remote. Neither worked.

I removed a battery for 30 seconds and let the remote reconnect. I thought that was easy and worth a try.

The Control4 remote and the Control4 app work normally with the exception of volume control. Channels, guide etc. all work. So I'm thinking it's not a IR or connection problem.

• 11 months later...

Just installed contol4 ea controller with its remote (not neo) and lost volume control and mute after a few days. Coincidently, also installed a new router but not connected with the Contol4 equipment.

Any suggestions to restore? Reboot,etc.?

2 hours ago, Murf said:

Just installed contol4 ea controller with its remote (not neo) and lost volume control and mute after a few days. Coincidently, also installed a new router but not connected with the Contol4 equipment.

Any suggestions to restore? Reboot,etc.?

What device(s) have you lost volume control of ?  AVR ? TV ? Are these devices IP controlled or do they use an IR bug ?  Hard to offer advice unless you give us a bit more info to work with.  Common problems are a change in IP address or an IR bug becoming dislodged, but that will affect all control of a device, not just volume.

Losing control of volume with my Sony TV, Sony receiver and Control 4 using iPad app is a regular occurrence for me. I've been VERY disappointed in the company that I purchased equipment and installation from - had system for 20 months and it's not worked consistently for more than a month or two. Very frustrating! Also, the Control4 app for ipad is not the most user friendly app. Very disappointed in Control4 at this point since all issues I've had point back to something related to Control4.

12 hours ago, MATXUTCA said:

Losing control of volume with my Sony TV, Sony receiver and Control 4 using iPad app is a regular occurrence for me. I've been VERY disappointed in the company that I purchased equipment and installation from - had system for 20 months and it's not worked consistently for more than a month or two. Very frustrating! Also, the Control4 app for ipad is not the most user friendly app. Very disappointed in Control4 at this point since all issues I've had point back to something related to Control4.

Your volume should only be controlled by one piece of equipment, so what do you mean by "with my Sony TV, Sony receiver and Control4"?

This is NOT related to Control4, it sounds like whoever set up your system has no clue what they're doing. Volume control is 100% solid in my project.

Have also lost volume & mute for TV on hand held remote control4. All other remote functions work perfectly & have been so for over 12 months. .Sonos app will still control volume via iPad .

Have taken out & replaced battery in remote to reset without result. Have also disconnected control4 modem to reset without result.

any suggestions please.

Graham

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.