C4 Forums | Control4

Nest Thermostat

kmonty2

I have a Nest installed on my main level, works great and I love it. I just recently finished my basement and I want some control over that furnace or A/C. I do have 2 Nest in the house, one for bedrooms and one for the main floor.

Can I install a second one in the basement and connect it to the main level one so I can set the basement to a certain temp?

I have a Nest installed on my main level, works great and I love it. I just recently finished my basement and I want some control over that furnace or A/C. I do have 2 Nest in the house, one for bedrooms and one for the main floor.
Can I install a second one in the basement and connect it to the main level one so I can set the basement to a certain temp?

If your goal is to have the same temperature in basement and main floor, you can add a Nest remote sensor for basement and install it in the main floor, this way your basement Nest will work based on the remote sensor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I guess it would be for HVAC.

But now I did find out the Nest has a Temp sensor. Does anyone know if I can intergrade that into my project?

Want to set up when basement TV is on, set Temp on the sensor to 67.

Yeah, I guess it would be for HVAC.
But now I did find out the Nest has a Temp sensor. Does anyone know if I can intergrade that into my project?
Want to set up when basement TV is on, set Temp on the sensor to 67.

If both the TV and the Nest are integrated to C4, you don't need sensors. You can program Control4 to start the AC once the TV is on and vice versa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get that. But I want to adjust the temp in the basement. My main floor furnace also heats the basement. The nest is on the main floor which may be 67 but the basement is only 62.

The sensor can tell what the temp is and turn on the heat to get the basement to 67. Now in return the main floor may go higher then too, which is ok.

So I need to get the senor into Control4, but it connects to the main floor therm by Bluetooth.

Hope that clears some things up as to why I want to use the sensor.

So I am going now to get the sensor. It should work cause it just uploads to the Nest cloud. So I am hoping to be able to see the temp in C4. If it works I will get one for my Kegerator so I can keep a eye on the temp inside that too. I will report back on what I find.

• 2 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.