C4 Forums | Control4

Needed: Custom Serial commands for Bravia TV

C4inNY

Hi all,

I have a Sony Bravia X900F and use the "Game" mode of the TV when I play games. However, the Bravia serial driver installed by my installer does not have a command to set the Game mode, so I have to send 6 commands: Go to the nearest mode, and then "next mode" five times. This works surprisingly unreliably, even if I add delays in between the commands.

The Bravia serial command PDF has explicit codes for each mode. I was hoping someone would be able to write custom commands for my Bravia to access each mode via serial driver (or even IR and IP too) via a single serial command. This way I can reliably get my Bravia switched to Game mode.

FYI: I run the TV to an receiver and then to the devices.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, C4inNY said:

Hi all,

I have a Sony Bravia X900F and use the "Game" mode of the TV when I play games. However, the Bravia serial driver installed by my installer does not have a command to set the Game mode, so I have to send 6 commands: Go to the nearest mode, and then "next mode" five times. This works surprisingly unreliably, even if I add delays in between the commands.

The Bravia serial command PDF has explicit codes for each mode. I was hoping someone would be able to write custom commands for my Bravia to access each mode via serial driver (or even IR and IP too) via a single serial command. This way I can reliably get my Bravia switched to Game mode.

FYI: I run the TV to an receiver and then to the devices.

Thanks!

If VINCELduB or someone else can't add the command you could try to create a macro for it. If it doesn't work via IP you could use the code as IR and then execute the macro - it is a PITA to create as you have to  figure out the delay between each command send but once it works it does the job.
I used to change resolutions on the old Netgear EVA or change to 3D mode on my Samsung TVs - once setup it worked until I ditched the hardware..

Archived