C4 Forums | Control4

Wakeup

smarch

I'm using the wakeup agent and not the Wakeup/Goodnight agent as I like to be able to turn wakeup on and off using my phone or remote.  When the wakeup fires, the TV comes on to the correct channel and the lights come on slowly.  After 5 minutes the lights shut off.  This is exactly what I want.

Question is how do I leave 1 light on in the same room?  set a timer to turn it back on after 5 minutes?  How would that programming look?  I've never used timers so do I have to stop the timer etc?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

If you want to use a timer. Then I guess the easiest thing would be to make a 5 min timer that starts every time you execute the wakeup. Then you make a lighting scene with the specific light source. Then you program it so that every time the timer expires, the lighting scene starts, and the timer resets. This will make the light go off when the wakeup is done, and then turn back on the light you want to be on. Depending on your ramping time, this may look weird.

You can also make a lighting scene that turns on the lights in the room, and turns all the lights, but one off after 5 minutes. Remove the lights from the wakeup scene. Program the lighting scene to start when you execute the wakeup scene. Then the lights will be on as per requested.

Archived