C4 Forums | Control4

Stream Audio from RCA over Network

poseidonsystems

Hi All,

I have a customer that is on 2.9.1 and is eager to get an upgrade to access all the streaming music features. Problem is, I have 2 speakerpoints that are working ok on streaming audio, but upgrading to 2.10 and above will break the audio streaming to the speaker points that are located sporadically through the house. They only have a network hook up. 

Is there a device that can take the audio out of from the EA-3 into the device and then stream over the network and receive and play out to the analog inputs of the Speakerpoints?

I feel like I saw something like this at CEDIA 2016 in Dallas but I can't seem to find it. Is there any other solution rather than making the customer drop $$$ for 2 triad ones?

Thanks!

23 hours ago, poseidonsystems said:

Hi All,

I have a customer that is on 2.9.1 and is eager to get an upgrade to access all the streaming music features. Problem is, I have 2 speakerpoints that are working ok on streaming audio, but upgrading to 2.10 and above will break the audio streaming to the speaker points that are located sporadically through the house. They only have a network hook up. 

Is there a device that can take the audio out of from the EA-3 into the device and then stream over the network and receive and play out to the analog inputs of the Speakerpoints?

I feel like I saw something like this at CEDIA 2016 in Dallas but I can't seem to find it. Is there any other solution rather than making the customer drop $$$ for 2 triad ones?

Thanks!

Am not sure from where you get info about the breakup of Speaker points, but am running 2.10.5 on my HC800 and I can stream everything all over my 2 speaker points that on 2.5.3! Am not sure about EA3 but am sure it should work as well!?

7 hours ago, msgreenf said:

But you can't enable advanced audio

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

What would advanced audio allow me to do? 

So I won't lose streaming audio through the network connection? I remember calling support a while back and was told Id lose streaming audio, but not rca input audio. 

• 6 months later...

sonos amp with some audio baluns if you can get them direct to the the amp from the source. or really a dumb amp would work too if you have enough controlled analog outputs.

Heos has some options too

Yamaha music cast does as well.

but in the end the triad 1 will be the best and cleanest solution. Its worth the spend.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.