C4 Forums | Control4

SnapAV Binary HDMatrix B300 Help

Viperman

I need to get a new receiver for this Matrix.  I am wondering what receivers will work with this.  I have a mix of b300 and b500 receivers now.  But I am thinking if I need a new receiver should I just get a newer model that might support 4K for in the future but will work now with what I have?

Thoughts.

I know they aren't 4K, but would it make sense to start buying newer components so that when I do upgrade my matrix all of my receivers would already be done.  I wouldn't buy them for the sake of buying them, only if they broke buy a newer one.  I would hate to buy 4 or 5 older ones and then upgrade the matrix and have to throw all of them away.  For example I saw a B300 receiver on ebay for like $40-$50 and I saw a 4k transmitter and receiver for like $70.  So for $20 more, seems like it might be worth it.

just be careful and research what you are buying. I personally would not use or sell a $70 dollar hdmi balun it will have issues i can promise that. If your matrix has hdbaset you can try upgrading the receivers but it might not be compatible with them all. If it has hdmi outputs then you can get hdmi balun kits that are 4k ready. but honestly they way tech changes you should buy the minimum for what you need and upgrade when you need it piece mealing will just cause so many issues.

Archived