C4 Forums | Control4

Weather integration

dbuono

5 hours ago, msgreenf said:

we are supposed to get rain today so I will let you know. but i changed back to wunderground ;) lol

Not fair! That means you have a monitorIng system of some sort and are contributing to Weather Underground or you are paying a lot of money... no disrespect, but I am assuming the former!

1 hour ago, ILoveControl said:

I use Netamo products. I wrote my own driver to interface with it. It has a wind station separate rain station which does temp and humidity as well. Has indoor sensors that can provide a plathora of info like air quality C02 etc temp humidity....

It uploads all the info into the cloud and you end up querying it from there and not directly from the device. The accuracy has been darn good.

They also run some AI based on the values coming in i.e. My wind station has barometric pressure and with that and the wind direction can predict rain. They store up to 5 years of data for those data geeks out there....

I haven't found one weather service that is spot on so it's a nice to have / know but not something I would build critical logic with. Mother nature does her own thing :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Can you share the driver?

20 hours ago, R_Willis said:

I also got the auto-update.

I have my own weather station (KOHLEBAN43), and you can still point the driver to your own station.

Not sure on the rain, none here as of the update.

How does one point back to their weather station with the new driver?  My "Station Selector" dropdown is empty even though I have a WU API key, previously there was a "Get Station" button under the "Actions" tab if memory serves.  The "PWS ID" field does have my station though it was selected previously before the WU and driver changes, but with the Lua debug logs I can see its pulling from a neighboring station.  Almost like it's doing a city lookup instead.

1 hour ago, msgreenf said:

There should be an option to pick weather services. If you don't have that reboot your controller

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I am able to pick "WU" as a service, the "Station Selector" just doesn't seem to populate. I don't suspect any issues with my API key as it can still pull info from Weather Underground, just pulling info for a random station nearby. I did reboot the controller, as well as flip back-and-forth between services and play with Lot/Lon coordinates, none of it appeared to have an impact on the "Station Selector."  Maybe I need a fresh install of the driver?

Screen Shot 2019-02-24 at 8.42.56 AM.jpg

I have a weather station. I live on a lake so I liked the fact that I had wind speed that was accurate as I used that to raise my solar shades so that they did not get damaged. The new Control 4 drivers is good but does not have MY weather station information. I would like to get that back.

Bill

I reached out to Control 4 and inquired about the "station selector" drop-down menu item in their updated driver.  Sounds like WU will eventually be phased out.  Hopefully someone will write a new driver (WU or PWS) to fill this void. I rather enjoyed the programming I was able to achieve by integrating my weather station, I would love to have that functionality back.

From my understanding that 3rd party driver is limiting all features and functions, eventually it wont be supported.  Even if you have a paid API key, unfortunately that wont matter. I know we are always looking at other options for replacing the driver, but at this time I don't have any additional information. Let me know if you have any other questions.

...it is NO LONGER allowing you to choose your own station.....

Don't know why the driver couldn't be updated to work.

Users who have PWS (personal weather statons) on weather underground were given new API keys that work with THEIR station.

Here are the newer updated API commands information:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eKCnKXI9xnoMGRRzOL1xPCBihNV2rOet08qpE_gArAY/edit

It seems like lately a lof of Control4 features/things are taking a step backwards and not working as well as they used too (lots of users complaining about weather and yale door locks lately). Hmph.....

On 2/23/2019 at 3:35 PM, ILoveControl said:

I use Netamo products. I wrote my own driver to interface with it. It has a wind station separate rain station which does temp and humidity as well. Has indoor sensors that can provide a plathora of info like air quality C02 etc temp humidity....

It uploads all the info into the cloud and you end up querying it from there and not directly from the device. The accuracy has been darn good.

They also run some AI based on the values coming in i.e. My wind station has barometric pressure and with that and the wind direction can predict rain. They store up to 5 years of data for those data geeks out there....

I haven't found one weather service that is spot on so it's a nice to have / know but not something I would build critical logic with. Mother nature does her own thing :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ilovecontrol4 - Need some advise please, Our Weather station did not get delivered (!!!) so we are looking at the Netamo products - Is it a good Product ? 

On 3/15/2019 at 7:52 AM, Gary Leeds UK said:

ilovecontrol4 - Need some advise please, Our Weather station did not get delivered (!!!) so we are looking at the Netamo products - Is it a good Product ? 

I have had a Netatmo weather station for about 1.5 years, and I recommend it.  It is dead-simple to set up, is reasonably reliable (about 2-3 reboots per year is the worst of it), links out-of-the-box to Wunderground, and provides lots of useful data in its own app.  The WU functionality is pretty cool -- Netatmo shares its data with WU on the back end, so you'll have your own Wunderground station ID within a day or two of setting up your Netatmo, with basically zero effort on your part.

I had been using the Wunderground station ID to import weather data into C4, but like many others in this thread, that functionality has been broken for me.  While I do have a new API from Wunderground for my own driver, like others have said, I can't get the new C4 weather driver to accept it.  This is my only gripe with Netatmo at present.

If someone actually has a Netatmo driver for C4, I would be thrilled.

While the lack of C4 integration is a bit of a bummer, Netatmo still works great with IFTTT.  We use it to trigger actions on our Rachio sprinkler controller via IFTTT, for example.

On 3/17/2019 at 7:13 PM, DLite said:

I have had a Netatmo weather station for about 1.5 years, and I recommend it.  It is dead-simple to set up, is reasonably reliable (about 2-3 reboots per year is the worst of it), links out-of-the-box to Wunderground, and provides lots of useful data in its own app.  The WU functionality is pretty cool -- Netatmo shares its data with WU on the back end, so you'll have your own Wunderground station ID within a day or two of setting up your Netatmo, with basically zero effort on your part.

I had been using the Wunderground station ID to import weather data into C4, but like many others in this thread, that functionality has been broken for me.  While I do have a new API from Wunderground for my own driver, like others have said, I can't get the new C4 weather driver to accept it.  This is my only gripe with Netatmo at present.

If someone actually has a Netatmo driver for C4, I would be thrilled.

While the lack of C4 integration is a bit of a bummer, Netatmo still works great with IFTTT.  We use it to trigger actions on our Rachio sprinkler controller via IFTTT, for example.

where do you install the outdoor sensor?  Just looking for ideas.  I do not have a fence.  the wind would knock it off a patio table or something.   just stake it in the ground?  I got a lot of deer and other animals in my yard so not sure staking it to the ground would work well.  can you attach under a soffit like you would a camera?  or its too blocked there to get a good reading?

7 minutes ago, Pounce said:

their video shows placing it outside on a table: https://www.netatmo.com/en-us/weather/weatherstation

I am talking about the base station vs any additional add ons.  Is this something you install on the roof?  Being in NJ I have to plan for high winds, snow, ice, etc.  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.