C4 Forums | Control4

Humidity Sensors

JR2

Sadly there are too many humidity sensors to choose from..  

Accuracy / resolution is what I'm after.

I have two purposes in mind.

I had an "perfect storm" situation at my vacation home where all of the doors and windows were closed (no external ventilation)  coupled with prolonged high temperatures.  This situation with no air movement caused my refrigerator to sweat condensate and the resultant moisture dripped and pooled under my refrigerator and outwards.

Upon arrival I was greeted with a nice large scale mold science experiment. :(

Looking for a few sensors to place around the house that can report back (alert) and/or trigger if necessary my HVAC system.

I cannot use North American thermostats with humidity sensors since my vacation home uses IR controlled mini-split heat pumps.

The second situation is the activation of the laundry room and bath room fans for the forgetful ones in my family that can't turn on the fan.

Regards, 

JR

My split systems will be controlled via C4... and more than likely interfaced thru IntesisBox. 

I have purchased one and the driver package.  Ultimately I would need 8 of these.

Sadly I have read more complaints about IntesisBox (not many) and Sensibo (many) than positive reviews.

Once I gathered a few opinions on the humidity sensor I was going to ask for board input on IR based WiFi hvac interfaces.

Sensibo does have an built in humidity sensor and IntesisBox appears not.

Both companies are very slow (a few days) to respond to inquires.

All of these interfaces are in their infancy.. I'm kind of waiting on flair (San Francisco based) and their puck wall thermostat.

The Flair site claims that it monitors humidity.

https://flair.co/products/puck

But..

While we would like to add humidity control in the future, we currently cannot give a guaranteed timeline as to when humidity control and adjustment.

They claim that they are working on an C4 driver.

https://support.flair.co/hc/en-us/articles/360000522132-Does-Flair-work-with-my-Smart-Home-device-

• 1 month later...
On 2/21/2019 at 1:02 AM, Gary Leeds UK said:

These work well - We have 5 of them and have had one outside in UK for 2 years 

http://axxind.com/automation/motion-sensor/

Driver for these is in serious need of updating.  I can't say I have dug into it too hard, and don't remember off the top of my head what all the issues were, but it left a lot to be desired.  They look nice (I needed Black) but no way if I buy more I would never bother with humidity.

On 4/16/2019 at 9:57 AM, Gary Leeds UK said:

Turls - Happy with our very little Issue - Even the one we had outside for 2 years worked (Replaced with Phillip Hue Sensor)

What issues you had ?

Pretty sure I couldn't program off of it, but like I said I don't remember.  I talked to the dealer and he agreed the drivers were an issue.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.