Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I have EA-1 on the back of the TV, my dealer installed Wii driver and connected it the to HDMI2 and the IR cable to IR1 on EA-1.
When selecting Watch->Wii, EA-1 will successfully switch the input to HDMI2.

Questions are:

  • Where to connect the IR sensor at the Wii side? To the sensor bar?
  • On HE, can I play with the programming? When selecting Watch->Wii, it turns the Wii on? And to turn it off when changing the video input?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

there is no IR to control the Wii...

Then how are these commands are executed?

Wii.thumb.png.81b68fc28fd8c83961049481fd376ce4.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

they are all non-sense.  It doesn't do any of that.  he really should be using a no control driver. As all you can do with a Wii is change inputs to the correct input

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, msgreenf said:

they are all non-sense.  It doesn't do any of that.  he really should be using a no control driver. As all you can do with a Wii is change inputs to the correct input

To achieve my goal, which at least turning the Wii on/off, can I connect it to TP-Link smart switch, when selecting Watch->Wii it turns on the smart switch? And maybe when selecting another video input or turn off the room a command goes to turn the smart switch off?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Zuhair said:

To achieve my goal, which at least turning the Wii on/off, can I connect it to TP-Link smart switch, when selecting Watch->Wii it turns on the smart switch? And maybe when selecting another video input or turn off the room a command goes to turn the smart switch off?

you could do that - or you could use power sensing on the driver to automatically turn the tv to the right input.  So for example, use the Wii Remote to turn on the Wii on and let power sensing on the driver turn the TV on and select input

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Zuhair said:

To achieve my goal, which at least turning the Wii on/off, can I connect it to TP-Link smart switch, when selecting Watch->Wii it turns on the smart switch? And maybe when selecting another video input or turn off the room a command goes to turn the smart switch off?

The smart outlet will turn the Wii off but it wont turn the Wii on when power is applied. What @msgreenf mentioned using a weemo and power sensing when the Wii remote turns the unit on and off to auto select the Wii in the room and room off is about the only integration possible

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, sonic30101 said:

The smart outlet will turn the Wii off but it wont turn the Wii on when power is applied. What @msgreenf mentioned using a weemo and power sensing when the Wii remote turns the unit on and off to auto select the Wii in the room and room off is about the only integration possible

I do something similar for a Nintendo Switch.  It's hooked up to a TP-Link Kasa smart plug with energy monitoring.  Then when the switch is dropped into the dock, the TP-Link smart plug senses increased power draw flowing through it.  Then Control4 sees the increase in power draw from the TP-Link device, and takes action turning on the TV, and setting the input in that room to the input of the Nintendo Switch. 

So the action of manipulating the Nintendo Switch (the increase in power draw) tells C4 to do something (power on or power off the TV, plus set the appropriate input).  C4 is not controlling the Nintendo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...