C4 Forums | Control4

Lighting Scene problems, could it be Rako/Rako driver?

William

Question

Hi, I've just had Control4 installed and amongst other things I am using it to control all my lighting via Rako. For individual lighting channels Control4 works fine, however, when I create a scene in Control4 with multiple lighting channels and then try to use it not all the channels activate. 

It can take two or three presses of the scene to get all the channels on (or off). The same thing happens with Alexa voice commands, single lighting channels working fine but as soon as I try to activate a scene not all the channels work on the first request. 

Creating and operating scenes directly from Rako (i.e. not using Control4 at all) work fine.

So, my question(s):

Is this likely to be a programming issue with Control4 (it's at though it times out before its task is complete)?

or

Could it be the Rako driver (I don't know which one I have but would be good to hear recommendations for which one I should have)?

or

Any other ideas?

I'd just like to get as much info/knowledge/insight as possible before talking to my dealer. Thank you.

1 answer to this question

Sometimes when using 3rd party lighting, it's best to do your lighting programming within the 3rd party software and then just have C4 recall the scenes, etc.

Certainly sounds like missing commands between Rako and C4.  Not familiar with Rako so can't really speculate which one would be the culprit.

But, I'd stand by my first comment.  Always gives a better experience that way.

Archived