C4 Forums | Control4

New issues with c4 door station

timelinex

Is anyone else having issues with notifications from the C4 keypads? It has been running smoothly till about a week or two ago and now it's not functioning correctly.

1. When someone presses the call button, neither my wifes or my phone receives no notifications and intercom anywhere doesn't open. Interestingly enough I have it programmed to make an announcement inside the house and the announcement does still go off. But even when I try to go into intercom anywhere manually, I can't get into the keypad as it says its busy.

Less importantly:

2. I have it setup to snapshot on movement, and it's setup to shoot 5 snapshots in the menu. Always worked and then out of nowhere it started emailing only 1 snapshot at a time.

I changed nothing with the system when this starting happening out of nowhere. Anyone else have these issues?

Hardware involved: Samsung Note 8, EA5, 2.10.5 control 4(if I remember correctly), DS2 doorstation from 2018.

15 minutes ago, timelinex said:

Is anyone else having issues with notifications from the C4 keypads? It has been running smoothly till about a week or two ago and now it's not functioning correctly.

1. When someone presses the call button, neither my wifes or my phone receives no notifications and intercom anywhere doesn't open. Interestingly enough I have it programmed to make an announcement inside the house and the announcement does still go off. But even when I try to go into intercom anywhere manually, I can't get into the keypad as it says its busy.

Less importantly:

2. I have it setup to snapshot on movement, and it's setup to shoot 5 snapshots in the menu. Always worked and then out of nowhere it started emailing only 1 snapshot at a time.

I changed nothing with the system when this starting happening out of nowhere. Anyone else have these issues?

Hardware involved: Samsung Note 8, EA5, 2.10.5 control 4(if I remember correctly), DS2 doorstation from 2018.

If you search the thread there’s a bug which manifests this way: after 2-4 weeks the DS2’s photos become “unsynched” — ie you start getting photos of, well, no one. Either it becomes delayed or jumps the gun. The solution is to reboot the DS2 every two weeks. I have Composer HE and have set it to reboot the DS2 every week. Rebooting may solve other bugs as well. Hopefully C4 is reading this. It is an obscure bug but a real one. 

4 hours ago, penn65000 said:

If you search the thread there’s a bug which manifests this way: after 2-4 weeks the DS2’s photos become “unsynched” — ie you start getting photos of, well, no one. Either it becomes delayed or jumps the gun. The solution is to reboot the DS2 every two weeks. I have Composer HE and have set it to reboot the DS2 every week. Rebooting may solve other bugs as well. Hopefully C4 is reading this. It is an obscure bug but a real one. 

Thank you! I think that may have helped the screenshot issue as when I send the screenshot command it now sends 5. I set a schedule to restart it every 2 weeks. I'll have to test the call button later and let you know if it fixed everything. Hopefully it does.

I was having issue #1 as well. I uninstalled and then reinstalled the intercom anywhere app and it helped. Give that a try if the reboot doesn't do the trick. It seems like Google Play doesn't automatically update the app. You have to uninstall and then re-install to get the newer version of the app (at least for me).

Interesting, I see the OP is on OS 2.10.5.  I found that the DS2 was rock solid on 2.10.5. However, I have seen numerous glitches in the last 2 weeks and have been blaming it on OS2.10.6.

Reboots always sort the problem for me although sometimes I find I need a hard reboot followed by a director reboot.

I have started having the same problem around two weeks ago. Intercom Anywhere stopped and also no longer receiving any notifications.

I did note that under mycontrol4 notifications had been deselected for the devices.

Running 2.10.5

I also changed power settings on phones so that the c4 apps not put too sleep.

At the moment my tablet but not phone is getting notifications.

Have not checked DS yet.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Well, it's tough to say if it's actually really resolved from the service health posting - they updated it as "Resolved", and then said:

"A fix will be automatically deployed to 2.10.6 customers in the next few days."

To me, that sounds like they have a plan, but don't yet have it implemented...

Well, I have confirmed today that the reboot did nothing. I still do not get any notification on call. On top of everything we are going on a vacation and now I wont know when someone is at my gate. Would have been convenient for it to work as promised and for the reasons i got it.

15 minutes ago, timelinex said:

Well, I have confirmed today that the reboot did nothing. I still do not get any notification on call. On top of everything we are going on a vacation and now I wont know when someone is at my gate. Would have been convenient for it to work as promised and for the reasons i got it.

If you're on 2.10.6, it's possible that whatever fix that they're rolling out "in the next few days" hasn't been deployed yet...

That being said, if you're lucky it'll just start working in a few days while you're gone.

Mine rebooted last evening, I'm on 2.10.6, and it seems to be online at the moment.

5 hours ago, dw886 said:

Well, it's tough to say if it's actually really resolved from the service health posting - they updated it as "Resolved", and then said:

"A fix will be automatically deployed to 2.10.6 customers in the next few days."

To me, that sounds like they have a plan, but don't yet have it implemented...

The web services were fixed, but some controllers had not reconnected yet, due to a local bug on those systems. They were working on a way to get the rest of the controllers reconnected.

9 minutes ago, thegreatheed said:

The web services were fixed, but some controllers had not reconnected yet, due to a local bug on those systems. They were working on a way to get the rest of the controllers reconnected.

I’m not sure what this means but would assume that means that a reboot now would fix the problem? If this is the problem?

So I watched someone ring my doorbell (the DS2 was showing online at this point).  Ancillary programmed logic fired (such as playing an announcement), but the DS2 did not call out via Intercom Anywhere.  I rebooted my controller manually (something that I had not done, even after reading the reported issue above).  Post controller reboot, the DS2 now shows both Online, and it calls out to Intercom Anywhere when the button is pressed.

The controller reboot is what fixed it.  When the DS2 appears offline, then a DS2 reboot fixes that.  Depending on what symptoms you're seeing, you may have to reboot one or the other...

Ok, I will try to reboot when we are back home. I dont think I can do it remotely. 

My ancillary programming also works, just not the call portion.  Just like yours.

What's the safest way to reboot the controller?

I used the houselogix driver to make a reboot button and then rebooted the controller. Also rebooted the keypad again.... tested the call button and still did not receive a notification from intercom anywhere about the call.

This is very bad. Any other advice?

4 hours ago, timelinex said:

I used the houselogix driver to make a reboot button and then rebooted the controller. Also rebooted the keypad again.... tested the call button and still did not receive a notification from intercom anywhere about the call.

Is your phone definitely in the call group that you have set up in the Doorstation properties for the Doorstation to call when the button is pressed?

4 hours ago, timelinex said:

11 minutes ago, South Africa C4 user said:

Is your phone definitely in the call group that you have set up in the Doorstation properties for the Doorstation to call when the button is pressed?

@timelinexI feel the same as you - it seems hit or miss as to whether or not everything works.  I had a doorbell press yesterday that didn't go through.  C4 saw the event (announcement played, and I got an SMS), but the call never went through to Intercom Anywhere.  At the same time, after this happened, I was able to use Intercom Anywhere to call the door station, so it was online and available....the outbound call just never happened or never got through.

I'm open to suggestions as well...certainly wish this felt a little more reliable, or that I could pin down exactly what is making it unreliable.  I don't get enough traffic to my front door to test this daily unless I do it myself...

EA5 rebooted on Friday to hopefully get the update that C4 wanted out, and DS2 set to weekly reboots on Tuesdays...not sure if there's more that we should be doing?

Archived