C4 Forums | Control4

New issues with c4 door station

timelinex

47 minutes ago, South Africa C4 user said:

Is your phone definitely in the call group that you have set up in the Doorstation properties for the Doorstation to call when the button is pressed?

Yes. It was working before. It also occasionally still works to ring our phones.

And I assume that the driver initiates the call and you don’t initiate the call from programming (e.g. programming a Group call against the “on call button presssed” event)?  

Ipone other question, if you have the Intercom Anywhere app open on your phone at the time of the DoorStatiom call, does it then work?

Today control4 updated the main C4 android app and the update info was about fixing a notification bug. This did not fix anything in intercom anywhere though. I tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling. I hard reset the EA5. Still nothing.

At this point I am pretty positive it's something to do with their app. I tried experimenting between making calls between my wife and I using the app and it works intermittently. It definitely doesn't work when the other persons app is closed, but when we both have the app open it sometimes connects and sometimes doesn't. Maybe they already pushed out an update to the app but it's just in the queue to be approved. The C4 app info says the update is from February 27, but I can tell you for a fact it was only available to update for me today.

Does no one else really have this issue other than dw886?

OK well I uninstalled both C4 app and the intercom anywhere app. Then installed them again one by one. (on both phones). Now if the app is open or running in the background (open and then you press hope button). Call notifications work both ways. But if the app is timed out or the background apps are cleared, then no notification.

2 hours ago, timelinex said:

OK well I uninstalled both C4 app and the intercom anywhere app. Then installed them again one by one. (on both phones). Now if the app is open or running in the background (open and then you press hope button). Call notifications work both ways. But if the app is timed out or the background apps are cleared, then no notification.

Interesting.  This got me thinking.  Ran to a T3, and tried to call my phone, and the call doesn't go through.  Call from Doorstation to T3 works, and calls between T3s work.

I'm running an android phone (Galaxy Note 9) recently updated to Android P (V9) when AT&T rolled out the update last month (about when this started happening).  Android P has a number of security enhancements designed to prevent background apps from using your microphone or camera (and spying on you).  Intercom Anywhere uses both of these things, because it's for video calling...

For a while after the Android P update, I was getting notifications that "Intercom Anywhere has been detected using the microphone in the background" after getting an inbound call from my DS2.

I uninstalled / reinstalled the app, and it only works if it's running in the background.  If it's completely off, it won't get an inbound call...

50 minutes ago, dw886 said:

Interesting.  This got me thinking.  Ran to a T3, and tried to call my phone, and the call doesn't go through.  Call from Doorstation to T3 works, and calls between T3s work.

I'm running an android phone (Galaxy Note 9) recently updated to Android P (V9) when AT&T rolled out the update last month (about when this started happening).  Android P has a number of security enhancements designed to prevent background apps from using your microphone or camera (and spying on you).  Intercom Anywhere uses both of these things, because it's for video calling...

For a while after the Android P update, I was getting notifications that "Intercom Anywhere has been detected using the microphone in the background" after getting an inbound call from my DS2.

I uninstalled / reinstalled the app, and it only works if it's running in the background.  If it's completely off, it won't get an inbound call...

Seems like your exactly in the same spot I'm at. I have a note 8 and it stopped working in the last month or so as well.

Is there someone we can contact to notify control4 about this

On 3/6/2019 at 3:26 PM, dw886 said:

On 3/6/2019 at 4:16 PM, timelinex said:

Seems like your exactly in the same spot I'm at. I have a note 8 and it stopped working in the last month or so as well.

Is there someone we can contact to notify control4 about this

I'd have to imagine that we're not alone in this.  The thing is that I didn't even realize that it was happening, because we don't have many people ring our doorbell except for delivery drivers, and 90% of the time, they just throw the package and run without ringing the doorbell... 

I've had two FedEx deliveries over the last two days (they actually ring the doorbell), and I get the Email snapshot from the DS2, but the App on Android Pie (Android V9) will not get the incoming call unless the app is already running.  There has to be many, many (Android) customers running into this, and they're just simply not aware that calls from the Doorstation to their phone are (not) happening (yet)...

I'm in a similar situation.

Worked fine for a while than stopped. Interestingly while after a reboot my Samsung S7 does not work, my partner's Hauwai Mate 20 Pro does.

Frustrating because when it was working it was really good.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, msgreenf said:

Myhome@control4.com

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the email I contacted them .

On 3/7/2019 at 4:18 PM, dw886 said:

I'd have to imagine that we're not alone in this.  The thing is that I didn't even realize that it was happening, because we don't have many people ring our doorbell except for delivery drivers, and 90% of the time, they just throw the package and run without ringing the doorbell... 

I've had two FedEx deliveries over the last two days (they actually ring the doorbell), and I get the Email snapshot from the DS2, but the App on Android Pie (Android V9) will not get the incoming call unless the app is already running.  There has to be many, many (Android) customers running into this, and they're just simply not aware that calls from the Doorstation to their phone are (not) happening (yet)...

16 hours ago, enzeder said:

I'm in a similar situation.

Worked fine for a while than stopped. Interestingly while after a reboot my Samsung S7 does not work, my partner's Hauwai Mate 20 Pro does.

Frustrating because when it was working it was really good.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

You guys should email that address as well. I'm guessing the more people that message them the more likely they will actually do something about it.

12 hours ago, dw886 said:

Message sent....

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Great!

It was left off on them forwarding the issue to their engineers. I do appreciate that they respond to the emails reasonably fast (within day or so). Hopefully gets resolved soon. The doorstation has been great in other regards.

Great!
It was left off on them forwarding the issue to their engineers. I do appreciate that they respond to the emails reasonably fast (within day or so). Hopefully gets resolved soon. The doorstation has been great in other regards.
They acknowledged the issue in the email that I got back. They said they're working on a software fix.

So my DS2 stopped working properly today after a few weeks of great stability... 

I can no longer initiate group intercom calls from the DS2 via programming. Very annoying! And no apparent reason for it suddenly sopping working.  Rebooting anything and everything does not help. Single calls work fine.

@Derrick Cain - it would be great if anyone from C4 can comment on this as there are a good few threads on the forum at present about little bugs appearing on the DS2s...

14 minutes ago, timelinex said:

Has anyone had any updates? I messaged them a few days ago and go no reply. Mine still doesn't work.

No, but I've been watching for updates to the Intercom Anywhere app - since the issue appears to be with the application no longer getting notifications unless it's running, I'm making an assumption that they're going to have to change the way notifications are being handled within the app.  That means they need to fix the issue, publish the change to the Play Store, and then you need to get the update.  I'm guessing that we're talking weeks in terms of the timeline, rather than days, but I could be wrong...

20 hours ago, dw886 said:

No, but I've been watching for updates to the Intercom Anywhere app - since the issue appears to be with the application no longer getting notifications unless it's running, I'm making an assumption that they're going to have to change the way notifications are being handled within the app.  That means they need to fix the issue, publish the change to the Play Store, and then you need to get the update.  I'm guessing that we're talking weeks in terms of the timeline, rather than days, but I could be wrong...

I definitely acknowledge it may take a week or two for a solid fix. But I haven't received a response in 5 days from them. I have my own business, so I understand you can't always reply right away. But 5 days is just ignoring the customer. Considering how much these products cost, I consider that terrible customer service.

20 hours ago, timelinex said:

Has anyone had any updates? I messaged them a few days ago and go no reply. Mine still doesn't work.

Did you message your dealer? Your dealer provides you customer service. Bugs get entered when your dealer contacts tech support with issues. Your dealer is the only one in the position to provide the technical detail necessary.

33 minutes ago, timelinex said:

Issue is still not fixed. Everyone else still having the same problem? Control4 finally replied a few days ago that they have no update on the situation.

Yes, no changes - Still not getting incoming call notifications from the DS2 unless the Intercom Anywhere app is actively running on Android P.

11 hours ago, dw886 said:

Yes, no changes - Still not getting incoming call notifications from the DS2 unless the Intercom Anywhere app is actively running on Android P.

App has been updated! I haven't had a chance to make sure everything works but I will tomorrow. Should be the fix for us, as the update notes mention the issue.

App has been updated! I haven't had a chance to make sure everything works but I will tomorrow. Should be the fix for us, as the update notes mention the issue.
It's fixed. Just texted it on a Samsung Note 9, and notifications now work.

Archived