C4 Forums | Control4

Voice Lighting Scenes with Dimmers

ktraynham

Question

I have been able to write some voice scenes, but I cannot find a way to construct a voice scene that will allow me to turn on my dimmable lights at an arbitrary level (e.g., "Alexa, turn on the dining room lamp at 32 per-cent.")  Is such a thing possible?  If not, might it be available in the future? 

Thank you,

Ken Traynham

10 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, ktraynham said:

Could you please tell me your Alexa command to reduce the level to X%?

Are the lights in question known to Control4, or only to Alexa?

Thank you,

Ken Traynham

If you go into your customer.control4.com account and click on the Amazon Alexa link, you can bring up a printable list of all of your native voice commands. This will include the commands to dim the lights. 

1 hour ago, mstafford388 said:

This definitely works at my house with the native driver.  It's not a voice scene just part of the lighting integration. 

You can do individual loads natively. Maybe I misunderstood that they wanted to change multiple loads to x simultaneously which would be the epic driver I believe

On 2/28/2019 at 12:16 AM, sonic30101 said:

You can do individual loads natively. Maybe I misunderstood that they wanted to change multiple loads to x simultaneously which would be the epic driver I believe

If you want to do it for a scene natively, use a light for the control and set othrvloghts in the scene to the same level when the level changes on the controlling light... Just speculating, but I’m sure something like this is possible?  I use the Epic Driver for controlling some key lighting scenes and the native driver for controlling individual lights so have never really thought about this...

On 3/12/2019 at 10:17 AM, South Africa C4 user said:

If you want to do it for a scene natively, use a light for the control and set othrvloghts in the scene to the same level when the level changes on the controlling light... Just speculating, but I’m sure something like this is possible?  I use the Epic Driver for controlling some key lighting scenes and the native driver for controlling individual lights so have never really thought about this...

be careful here you could easy create a loop. like having that light in a scene and then turning the scene on cause the other lights to changes to that level and you wont be able to set the other lights to other levels than that one.

Archived