C4 Forums | Control4

Security System bindings

lasvegas_rob

What do I need to do in order for my alarm to show up on the OSD? I have the GE Concord panel, already have a driver for it in composer, I've added a room called security and listed contact sensors for each zone, but I can't get the House button to highlight in any of the rooms. I have the security panel dragged into the Theater (main room). Help! I am already receiving rs-232 from the panel, which I can see in the serial debug screen.

I don't want to palm this off to lightly, but Todd created an excellent guide on security panels. This appeared in the October update. If you go to control4.raindance.com, and check out the recorded events section, you will find the "Whats New in 1.2 October" session. Within that, Todd details the steps that you should follow to setup a security system.

And if you do have it setup correctly, make sure the "Security Endpoint" is set to your security system or partition. For whatever reason that didn't happen when I set mine up. Heck, checking all of the endpoints seems to be the biggest thing you can do for a lot of things as if you make a lot of changes they tend to not point to what you expect.

Curt

Archived