C4 Forums | Control4

EA1 Audio out programming

Hi everyone, 

I have a EA1, how can I program the HDMI audio out as a source for nuvo multi-zone amp. I created a Aswitch driver to convert the signal from HDMI to Stereo, and install the following hardware (HDMI out from EA1 goes to Wyrestorm audio convertor, and from the convertor to the nuvo). but its didn't work, any ideas.

I have used a HDMI audio extractor from Techly that has HDMI input and HDMI, toslink and rca output. It has tree different passthrough options. Bypass, which doesnt  separate the HDMI signal, 2.0 and 5.1. Maybe you have made a wrong option there on your extractor? I believe I use 2.0 on the setup since the only use of the controller is for music. (And on screen display)

I changed the input in driver for the amplifier I used, which doesnt have HDMI input. I "renamed" one of the toslink input to HDMI input in composer. Then I connected the toslink from the extractor to the amp's toslink input. I then routed the HDMI output to the TV, which is a newer model, and that worked like a charm. No handshake issues from the controller.  

I also connected the rca output to a second amp which enable me to use same audio in multiple zones.

I hope this made sense. If not, send me a message, and Ill try again.

Archived