C4 Forums | Control4

When Then - 3 things

Just got setup with my C4 system and I'm loving it. I also started a 4Sight subscription so having tons of fun setting stuff up with When Then. So far there are three things I can't figure out how to do in When Then:

1) Set up scenes. Right now it's really tedious to manually create a set of actions that represent a "scene" when this same set of actions is something I want repeated across different automations

2) Configure a ramp time when switching lights

3) Set a delay for a specific action in an automation.

Am I just missing how to do this? Are there workarounds? How receptive is Control4 to updating When Then?

Thanks!

21 minutes ago, dcovach said:

You can run composer he in parallels for mac (minimum windows 7)

This is what I do and it works really well. Would definitely recommend getting HE with the things you're looking at doing in your comment--and you'll be able to do much, much more. 

Also, not sure how long ago you activated your 4Sight subscription, but the purchase of HE comes with a free year of 4Sight so you may see if you can get a credit for that from your dealer if you just purchased your license. 

1 hour ago, ObuseMe said:

Would love Composer HE, but as far as I understand, it's only for Windows, right? We're a mac household.

parallels is an option as stated below and that is how I started.

if you made a $$ investment in C4, purchase a cheap Windows Computer just for HE.  It does not take a ton of processing power.  Any basic box should do.  Find anything on sale, in an outlet/clearance section, etc.

I am a Mac guy myself but I wound up getting a nice powerful PC just for Blue Iris (a security camera NVR program) and Composer HE.  Literally 2 programs on that PC that's it.  But I did start on Parallels and it was fine.

Just an update, I used VirtualBox with Windows 10 yesterday and got it up and running on my mac very easily.  VirtualBox is free, and you can use Windows 10 legally without activation or paying for it.

Following up again, thanks so much for the suggestion for Composer HE. It's EXACTLY what I wanted, and frankly, makes me feel a lot better about C4. Initially I was really worried about the lack of control I would have to make changes, but everything I would like to tinker with is available. AWESOME!

Archived