C4 Forums | Control4

New Apple TV 4k IP driver out today

On 3/6/2019 at 2:14 PM, South Africa C4 user said:

Chatted to my dealer today and we are now up and running on the new driver... I’m not seeing any noticeable difference but I am assuming that this bridge is going to open up a world of opportunities in time (Apple Music and mini Apps being the 2 I am after)...

How much are the dealer charging to update the new drivers?

It was mentioned in the dealer forums yesterday that the old IP driver was updated with an IR binding and IR control. It means that transitioning a project from the old IP control to IR control can be a bit easier because any custom programming and the AV connections won't be lost (as the same driver instance remains in the project).

19 hours ago, thegreatheed said:

It was mentioned in the dealer forums yesterday that the old IP driver was updated with an IR binding and IR control. It means that transitioning a project from the old IP control to IR control can be a bit easier because any custom programming and the AV connections won't be lost (as the same driver instance remains in the project).

When my dealer makes it out to take care of installing IR at all my Apple TV locations and then loading the IR driver that will work with my HC800, should he be loading the one you mentioned or the one that is floating around the dealer forums and in the developer's dropbox account?  Which one is better?  Thanks

With no Audio binding in the new Apple TV 4K driver, I have having challenges binding to a HDMI splitter.  Has anyone had success with a virtual driver to pass the Video HDMI out into a separate HDMI Output and Audio Output for a multizone amplifier.

Thank you

4 hours ago, Doug M said:

With no Audio binding in the new Apple TV 4K driver, I have having challenges binding to a HDMI splitter.  Has anyone had success with a virtual driver to pass the Video HDMI out into a separate HDMI Output and Audio Output for a multizone amplifier.

Thank you

I've been searching for an answer to this question as well.   I'm going down the path of using the "Control4 AV Path Setter" driver as described by @Cyknight in the following thread.   The documentation for the driver indicates that it sits between the device and what it is physically connected to and provides insight and provides control4 hooks for various translations.  This would model the audio extractor that is physically used to down convert the audio into stereo to feed into the audio matrix.

I will hopefully get a chance to try this out soon to confirm if this works.   If you get a chance to try it, let me know.   

14 minutes ago, boykie said:

Anyone having issues controlling Apple TV with the new update?

Be more specific. New AppleTV update? New update to the AppleTV driver (which driver)?

Both?

As you can see from all the recent posts, there is definitely an issue. But without more info, your issue can be one or many.

3 hours ago, EverAction said:

Be more specific. New AppleTV update? New update to the AppleTV driver (which driver)?

Both?

As you can see from all the recent posts, there is definitely an issue. But without more info, your issue can be one or many.

The new AppleTV update no longer allows control over IP. Everything has to go through HomeKit. So I’m guessing I need to go to IR?

• 1 month later...

Hi There,

Can any one help me with my situation. I have Control4  OS 2.9 and have Apple 4K TV when I tried to update my Apple TV OS the sync between my Control4 (IR) remote is gone...Is there a easy way to fix it my dealer is not ready to help me on this.Can some one throw me some light on this

He is wanting to know the specific model of the controller or "brains" of your Control4 system.  There should be a Control4 "black box" that is controlling all of your equipment somewhere in the house.  Either in a central location like an AV closet or maybe behind your TV.  You may have the older model controllers like an HC250, HC800 or a new one like an EA-1, EA-3 etc.  He needs to know this in order to determine a solution on how to fix the issue.  You can go to Control4's website under their product catalog section to see what they look like. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.