C4 Forums | Control4

Upgrading Controllers and restoring project

AP-123

I'm replacing a dead HC-800.

Swapping with another is simple with a backed up project but what if I upgrade to an EA-5?

Will it require programming from scratch or can I restore the project from the HC-800?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

There are KB articles on this for dealers or installers with access.  It's not a 'click once an done' method.   I don't mean to rub it in but you're asking a pro question in a diy forum.  Try dealer forums.

58 minutes ago, dcovach said:

There are KB articles on this for dealers or installers with access.  It's not a 'click once an done' method.   I don't mean to rub it in but you're asking a pro question in a diy forum.  Try dealer forums.

👆👆👆 This. Follow the KB Articles which specifically cover the migration from one controller to another.

Ok, so you can't migrate a project unless your system is currently working and you can log into the current director.  Based on the fact that his 800 is dead i'm going to say that's not an option.  You will not have to program this from scratch but you will absolutely need your dealer to do this for you.  It shouldn't be a difficult task for any half decent dealer as long as there is a backup of the project. 

If you have an accurate backup and cannot do a migration you will have to re-identify the zigbee devices otherwise the process is pretty easy. Keep in mind you may need to deal with any 3rd party purchased drivers with the new controller but you would be doing that anyway

Archived