C4 Forums | Control4

Toggling Blinds

eggzlot

Hi All,

I have the Somfy RTS blinds with the Domo driver.  Works fine for single blinds.  I want to control them as a group, most important, I want to be able to toggle so if they are open 1 button would close them and vice versa.  I have the Control4 Group Blind driver too.  It has the right blinds ID'd.  It has a toggle command so I created both a native C4 custom button from the custom button agent and I tried to map it to a C4 keypad.  neither is working.

Am I missing something simple?

17 minutes ago, tdougray said:

Try grouping them with the somfy remote 1st ie so they are all using Channel 1 . Then configure using  C4. I believe they should all be assigned and working before C4 configuration.

to be clear - it works in C4 via the MyLink integration with the Domo driver.

I have 5 blinds, 3 in the bedroom, 2 in the living room.  Each blind is its own channel so I have 5 channels.  So I am trying to toggle channel 1 and 2 together then toggle channels 3-5 together.  If I go into the navigator screen I can easily open/close any single channel, no problem.

1 minute ago, eggzlot said:

to be clear - it works in C4 via the MyLink integration with the Domo driver.

I have 5 blinds, 3 in the bedroom, 2 in the living room.  Each blind is its own channel so I have 5 channels.  So I am trying to toggle channel 1 and 2 together then toggle channels 3-5 together.  If I go into the navigator screen I can easily open/close any single channel, no problem.

I have a similar setup but  I grouped my 2 bedroom blinds to a Channel with the somfy remote then group the 3 in my living room to another channel so i effectively only have 2 channels. then within C4 I integrated them. Works a treat.

3 minutes ago, tdougray said:

I have a similar setup but  I grouped my 2 bedroom blinds to a Channel with the somfy remote then group the 3 in my living room to another channel so i effectively only have 2 channels. then within C4 I integrated them. Works a treat.

i could go back and do that but I figured:

1) what if I wanted individual control of the blinds?

2)  in the bedroom 2 windows are identical, one is much longer.  I guess you could still program them together even if one has more motion to go up/down?

1 minute ago, eggzlot said:

i could go back and do that but I figured:

1) what if I wanted individual control of the blinds?

2)  in the bedroom 2 windows are identical, one is much longer.  I guess you could still program them together even if one has more motion to go up/down?

1)  I have my Living room blinds grouped as one channel and also have 1 of them on a separate channel which I use to block out the Sun when needed.

2) Have the same problem but not a big issue for me, 2 just get to the bottom before the 3rd.

1 minute ago, tdougray said:

1)  I have my Living room blinds grouped as one channel and also have 1 of them on a separate channel which I use to block out the Sun when needed.

2) Have the same problem but not a big issue for me, 2 just get to the bottom before the 3rd.

hmm i only have a Telius 4 so im stuck at 5 channels.  and i have 5 blinds.  so i couldnt double up.  and for the 2nd part, yeah even now using mylink scenes the bigger one takes more time - no issues there.  just didnt know if different size shades could be on the same channel

i have a ticket open with Domo, I'll see what they say and report back

Archived