C4 Forums | Control4

iTunes Driver not pairing

I have the right IP address - my PC is has an IP lease from the router so I know what it is at all times so that is correct.  I also tried to turn off my firewall but that did not help.

The LUA output keeps saying error not paired, device log in failed, retrying.....initializing connections then just repeats with error not paired etc.  This repeats every 10 seconds.

I am on Driver Version 100 and I believe I am on 2.10.4

I had to remove my IP address otherwise every 10 seconds I was getting those error messages.

Any thoughts?

1 hour ago, eggzlot said:

I have the right IP address - my PC is has an IP lease from the router so I know what it is at all times so that is correct.  I also tried to turn off my firewall but that did not help.

The LUA output keeps saying error not paired, device log in failed, retrying.....initializing connections then just repeats with error not paired etc.  This repeats every 10 seconds.

I am on Driver Version 100 and I believe I am on 2.10.4

I had to remove my IP address otherwise every 10 seconds I was getting those error messages.

Any thoughts?

Silly question, do you have itunes running and have entered in the 4 digit pairing code there?  (0000)

4 minutes ago, dcovach said:

Silly question, do you have itunes running and have entered in the 4 digit pairing code there?  (0000)

never mind - coming back to post it fixed.  Not sure what happened and why.  before I never got to the screen to enter 0000. 

After toying around I realized that when you hit pair in iTunes the remote icon then appears and you need to click that.  maybe that was happening before and I just assumed I'd get a pop up asking for the 4 digit code.  so when i clicked it, I got to add in the 4 digits and all is well.

Most documentation mentions the remote button is always showing on iTunes and i didnt see it.  found an article saying that it appears when the device (c4 in this case) tries to reach out and when I had both applications running side by side I did notice that so i clicked the remote button quick.  

Archived