C4 Forums | Control4

Composer 2.10.6 in Parallels

DVK

We're a new dealer with 4 techs that have Apple MacBooks running Parallels and the Composer program won't register.  Not much guidance on the dealer portal other than older versions worked on Parallels.  Anyone have success with Parallels or do we need to look at other solutions?  Hate to buy 4 new PC laptops just for Composer.

Using Windows 10, Pro 2.10.6 and Parallels on Macbook Pro just fine

Likely an issue with Windows MAC address in parallels or the network sharing. I had this issue once, changed some setting and it registered fine. 

Appreciate quick response ... I've tried every setting in network (shared network, ethernet, etc.) and even tried to isolate the windows from Mac.  Did you generate a new MAC?

I get a different error (see attachment).  I've allocated 5 licenses and 1 registered fine using a PC.  I'm using 2.10.5 since that's the current version of my controller.

Interesting we all get different experiences.  I'll call technical support tomorrow and hopefully they'll help and not say Mac / Parallels isn't supported.

Screen Shot 2019-03-09 at 6.53.28 PM.png

Finally ... after a lot of trial and error ... I fixed the problem by just hitting "rename this PC" in Windows10.  All worked fine afterwards.

Appreciate everyone's help!  Blessings to all.

Archived