C4 Forums | Control4

Texecom Premier Elite setup

Hi All. Anyone who can assist with guide lines on how to intergrate Texecom to C4, please assist. 

I have intergrated Paradox and DSC panels seemlessly overtime on my projects. Now I found myself with a client that has Texecom premier for an alarm system. 

Will appreciate all the help 

9 hours ago, sthembiso said:

I assuming the UDL number I  must ask from installer Gary? 

I think there was a point where I inserted a 1234 UDL. Got a connected status on composer but couldn’t go any further

With the latest C4 driver using the new security proxy you need Texecom firmware version 4 or above.

The UDL code is only available from the Engineer's menu so you will need the six dight code to access that or hope your installer will share it with you.

I am having a new Texecom alarm installed next week and my alarm installer is saying I need IPCom to interface with Control4 - it sounds like this is not correct and I just need SmartCom? Is SmartCom the upgraded IPCom and IPCom is now redundant?

Thanks

Go on the texe.com forum. From memory you need 2 separate IP things, eg a smart com for the Texecom's new app to work and another separate ipcom for the Control4. This stops the Control4 from dropping out on a single IP connection, or messing with the Texecom app. If you are not using the app then only one IP connection is needed.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Go on the texe.com forum. From memory you need 2 separate IP things, eg a smart com for the Texecom's new app to work and another separate ipcom for the Control4. This stops the Control4 from dropping out on a single IP connection, or messing with the Texecom app. If you are not using the app then only one IP connection is needed.

Just found this from Texecom forum..

jgildert
27/01

Good Evening,

As the control 4 driver keeps the TCP/IP Window open there is no way to enable Texecom Notifications simultaneously without a secondary IP card. This is a popular option for the Homeowner who wants it all!

Alternatively I believe Control4 supports its own Push Notification service which will work concurrently if the System Links are set up correctly in Composer.

Regards,

John Gildert

Yes - thank you! Also consistent with a call I just had this afternoon with a Texecom support and I just hadn’t had a chance to post yet - the SmartCom will allow for app control OR Control4 interface but not both. If you want both, you need to install both the SmartCom and the ComIP.

I would like app control initially before the C4 system is set-up so I think I go for the SmartCom and then can swap to using C4 only later.

Thank you

1 hour ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

Sorry been away on work.

Are we sorted or do you wish to give me a call ? 

Can confirm I can not use the Texecom App while we are using Control4. It will not generate a number for the Texecon App  login 

Thank you - I think I am clear for now. Was there anything tricky you had to do to get the SmartCom to connect to Control4 after using the app or did it just start working with the Control4 driver immediately and dropped the app functionality?

Thank you

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.