C4 Forums | Control4

Chowmain - Daikin Airbase driver

alanchow

Chowmain%20Logo%20Transparent%20Medium.png

Chowmain - Daikin Airbase driver

In many countries outside of the US HVAC integration has been hard because HVAC companies do not utilise the honeywell based wiring that most smart thermostats like Nest, Control4 and Honeywell use. In order to integrate HVAC you had to install commercial grade HVAC solutions and get additional modules. There was no definitive and easy way to know if a HVAC solution was going to work without consulting a HVAC installer. 

To put it simple it was just too hard and too expensive to integrate HVAC. 

Now with the Daikin Airbase module installers can now easily integrate Daikin based Ducted and Sky based HVAC systems into Control4. The module is extremely affordable and will not void Daikin's manufacturer warranty on the HVAC system as it is an official Daikin product. This module is even backwards compatible with systems dated back to 2003. So dealers can now revisit old customers with compatible Daikin HVAC systems to upgrade their home automation system and integrate their HVAC system. 

The Chowmain Daikin Airbase driver integrates the Airbase module and provides full 2 way control over temperature, HVAC mode, setpoint, fan speed, timer functions and zone control. Setup of hardware and driver should take you no more than 30 minutes once you get the hang of it. 

This driver will only work on Control4 OS 2.10 and above. 

Features

• Auto detect HVAC Modes – OFF, HEAT, COOL, FAN and optional AUTO and DRY modes* 
  • Auto detect FAN Speeds – AUTO, LOW, MEDIUM, HIGH with optional LOW/MEDIUM and MEDIUM/HIGH* 
  • Setpoint Control 
  • Temperature Feedback 
  • Auto detect Zone Names* 
  • Zone State Control and Feedback* 
  • Ability to add Presets 
  • Ability to perform Scheduling 

FAQ 

What HVAC systems can i use the Airbase with? 
The Airbase module is developed by Daikin for their Ducted, Ducted with Zone Control and Cassette/Under Ceiling based HVAC systems. The Airbase module will also work with VRV indoor systems with the P1-P2 terminals for a wired remote control. This should work with any of these systems that are manufacturered after 2003. Please contact Daikin to confirm if your HVAC system will be compatible if in doubt. 

NOTE. This module will not work with Daikin Split HVAC systems. For Split HVAC systems see our Daikin Wifi Driver. 

This really changes the HVAC game. 

Can i control zones with this? 
This module will allow for zone damper open and close via the Extras tab with 2 way feedback. The driver will pull in the zone names on first setup. Please name the zones using the official Daikin Airbase application prior to installing the driver. 

Can i get individual temperature readings per zone? 
The Daikin Airbase unit provides a single temperature reading for feedback. It does not provide individual zone readings. This is a limitation of the hardware. 

Can i do schedule the HVAC system using this? 
The Airbase module does not offer scheduling. We however have created a software based schedule within our driver so that Control4 can schedule the HVAC system. 

Where can i purchase this module? 
The module can be purchased from authorised Daikin dealers. The model number is BRP15B61. If you cannot source one easily then we recommend purchasing one online from Peninsula Air Conditioning 

You can also find out more about Airbase from here 

How do I find out more information about the driver? 
Please see the links below for more information about the driver. 

Chowmain Website 

Installation Guide 

How do I buy the driver? 
This driver can be purchased from our distributor driverCentral. 

Download Driver / Purchase Licence 

Who do i contact for technical support? 
We have two support desks. One in Australia and one in the US. Click on the link below for details. 

Support 

Do you provide trial licences? 
All Chowmain drivers for Control4 come with a 7 day trial. 

Screenshot_2019-03-14-15-46-14.png 

Archived