C4 Forums | Control4

DS2 mini day/night mode

hi everyone, i have a DS2 mini and in its web-based configuration utility there is an option for day/night mode.  you can set it to Always Day, Always Night, or automatic.  

when i set it to automatic the DS2 never switches to Day mode.  and that means that during the day its effectively a black-and-white camera.  if instead i set it to always Day then i get color during the day but pitch black at night.

so my qeustion is.  first, is it possible to schedule the switch from day to night so as to over-ride the automatic?  if not, what can i do to make the DS2 more sensitive to daylight so that it switches to Day mode when i have it on automatic?

• 2 weeks later...

I up this port, because I have the opposite, it is in day mode and the night does not pass in sight of night. (And I do not see anything ;) )
And is there a way to control the contrast of the camera because it is very dark (even during the day).

THX

snapshot.jpeg

• 2 months later...

Ok so I couldn't find a solution to this so here's a driver that lets you programatically set the day/night mode of a DS2 camera.

Enter the DS2 IP in properties and then just head over to the programming commands to sort out when you want it to turn to day/night mode. I've set mine up using the scheduler to set to day at sunrise and night at sunset.

(It uses the default admin and password of admin/t0talc0ntr0l4! so if you are using a different one it won't work because i hardcoded them in...if you need another version which lets you set that in properties lemme know but im guessing this will suffice for most/all?)

jooced_ds2_day_night_scheduler.c4z

2 minutes ago, Shivam Paw said:

Ok so I couldn't find a solution to this so here's a driver that lets you programatically set the day/night mode of a DS2 camera.

Enter the DS2 IP in properties and then just head over to the programming commands to sort out when you want it to turn to day/night mode. I've set mine up using the scheduler to set to day at sunrise and night at sunset.

(It uses the default admin and password of admin/t0talc0ntr0l4! so if you are using a different one it won't work because i hardcoded them in...if you need another version which lets you set that in properties lemme know but im guessing this will suffice for most/all?)

jooced_ds2_day_night_scheduler.c4z 4.46 kB · 0 downloads

Wow! That sounds really neat. Thanks.  I will definitely give it a try tonight!.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.