C4 Forums | Control4

how to program with HE using experience buttons

ERDrPC

My dealer added the Door Auto-Lock driver by @RyanE

I'm using HE but cannot find where to configure the driver or program using the driver. It doesn't show up in agents or programming. My goal is to have it as green for locked and red for unlocked. I want to have it show up in the first security screen without going into the locks & sensors sub menu on a bunch of TS. 

One thing my dealer told me is that the timer won't start unless the door is opened or closed, meaning if we unlock the door and then walk away without opening the door or without re-locking the door then it will not auto lock. Any ideas how to program around this since the Yale auto-lock has to be turned off to use this driver??

you need to un hide this in the navigator in any of the rooms that you want to use this driver in. I dont believe it has the options for color. Also i believe this driver has to be used with a door contact sensor to really work correctly. IF not use the regular door lock proxy as it has clear indications of the state of the lock. You could also use a scenario experience driver as well but will involve much more programming. 

I typically add the corresponding drivers to the same room next to lock, but each deal has their own way of doing it so you might have to look around for it.

9 hours ago, Matt Lowe said:

you need to un hide this in the navigator in any of the rooms that you want to use this driver in. I dont believe it has the options for color. Also i believe this driver has to be used with a door contact sensor to really work correctly. IF not use the regular door lock proxy as it has clear indications of the state of the lock. You could also use a scenario experience driver as well but will involve much more programming. 

I typically add the corresponding drivers to the same room next to lock, but each deal has their own way of doing it so you might have to look around for it.

So I feel quite dumb asking but how do I unhide in the navigator?? @RyanE designed the experience buttons with options for green open and red closed or vice versa. 

This is what I have in HE - door sensors and door locks. Nothing here looks like the @RyanE experience driver

"Door Auto-Lock (OS2.9+).  As you can see in the name, you have to be on at least Control4 OS 2.9 for the driver to work.

You add one for each door (that also has a separate contact), and connect the lock relay connection and the door sensor connection.

You then turn *off* the auto lock on the lock itself.  The only downside to this is if the Control4 system is down, your doors don't automatically lock.

It's an Experience Button driver, so it can show up on the UI, shows door status (Locked/Closed, Unlocked/Closed, Locked/Open, Unknown).

The driver will lock on expiration of delay seconds, *after* the door is closed.  If the door is opened and then closed, the timer starts again, so in my case (delay set to 300 seconds), if I answer the door, shut the door, and 4 minutes later, I answer the door again, the lock will engage 5 minutes after I close the door again.

The driver has:

• 3 Experience Button icon sets (one red/green, one green/red, and one black).
    • The red/green vs. green/red is because for some people, locked should be red, and other people think the locked state should be green.
  • the ability to configure whether the Experience button UI allows unlock or not
    • If not, it can be used to lock the lock when the door is closed, but not unlock the lock.
  • a configurable auto lock delay, with a much longer delay than some of the manufacturers' locks.
  • button bindings so you can connect the driver to keypads, and show door state with LEDs, as well as control the lock with the keypad button.
  • events for Closed/Locked, Closed/Unlocked, Open/Locked, and Open/Unlocked.
  • commands to Lock (if door is closed) / Unlock, and Enable/Disable, so you can program turning on / off the 'auto lock' feature.
    • I use this when I have houseguests during a party, etc., so the door doesn't automatically lock.

door lock.png

door sensor.png

the drivers you have listed are the regular lock drivers. The experience buttons are separate drivers from those. there are quite a few different experience buttons and they do more than just change from green to red.

Archived