C4 Forums | Control4

T3 in-wall acts like it lost calibration

Greetings,

One of my (3) T3 in-wall 7" recently stopped responding to the top section (C4 icon, back arrow, close) rendering it fairly useless for easy navigation.  If I touch the top section it seems to be miscalibrated and highlights the second row section (room selection, etc..). However, every once and a while it will work briefly for one push then reverts back to the incorrect calibration.

I have tried factory reset, remounting, complete power down but can't get it to work consistently.  Any ideas?  All are powered via POE and I'm nowhere near power budget issues.  This has been stable for 2.5yrs and just started on a very lightly used panel.  The panels with heavy use are doing just fine.

Thanks

The T3 Series Touch Screens auto-calibrate during boot up:

To calibrate the TT7 & TT10 touch screens, press and hold the button on the top right of the unit until "Do you want to shut down?" appears, then press OK. After power down, press and hold the same button from the prior step to boot the touch screen back up.

To calibrate the WALL7 & WALL10 touch screens, press and hold the top button to the right of the reset pinhole until "Do you want to shut down?" appears, then press OK. After power down, press and hold the same button from the prior step to boot the touch screen back up.

1 hour ago, Unsocialtoaster said:

Unfortunately the tabletop screens are quite well known for this very issue :( The top and bottom bars both seem to stop responding, sometimes one or the other, sometimes both.

This is definitely a mfg issue and should be covered out of warranty.  C4 are you listening?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks all - that's what I was afraid of.  Doing reset and even remounting did nothing.  Very surprised to hear of this failure rate on here.  My other units are acting fine so hopefully this is isolated.

Like others - this is out of warranty but still only around 3 years.  Definitely should last longer than this

C4 could at least offer a prorated repair cost option.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.