C4 Forums | Control4

On Screen Navigator

ILoveControl

Question

Hi All,

I am sure I am doing something dumb here.... Haven't used the onscreen for ages but wanted to get it back up and running (yes even though I have T3's).

How I configured it:

I set the HDMI from the EA5 to a source in my matrix. I then set the On Screen Device of my room to EA 5 > Onscreen Navigator.

When I press the C4 button the SR260 changes to the EA5 but I am not getting anything on my screen (the matrix is working on other sources and it is switching to the right source where the HDMI is connected from the EA5).

I have changed HDMI cables in case its the HDMI cable. 

Anything I have missed?

16 answers to this question

Just an update so tried to be clever and went EA5 to Yamaha receiver, then out of receiver to C4 Leaf. Thought putting the amp in the middle would act like a HDMI splitter as suggested but nope ....

will try the basic splitter to see if it works.

4 minutes ago, mstafford388 said:

One other thing you could try if you happen to have one is put an HDMI splitter between the EA5 and the matrix.  Sometimes those things can help solve an EDID issue if that's the problem here.  

I do indeed :) Just have to ask the obvious question though. I am so scared to touch this C4 Leaf incase it decides to break or I hurt its feelings and it stops working ( these things are just way to tempremental) 

using a splitter shouldnt cause any &;):&: right?

3 minutes ago, Matt Lowe said:

when you do this in the room you are looking for it. is the remote changing to the name of the ea controller? Could be a resolution issue. the correct thing would be to turn on everything and resync the matrix.

Yes sir, I get Main bedroom <Correct_EA5_Name> on the SR 260. 

Will try a re calibrate know I have done it before but will do it again to be complete. 

15 minutes ago, ILoveControl said:

Thank you all so here ia what i have checked: 

The binding from the C4 Leaf Matrix Source 6 to the EA5 HDMI out. I have three EA5s and made tripple sure the right one is bound.

In system manager stopped navigator and re enabled it. 

Today I plugged a old monitor with HdMI  from the EA 5 to the monitor and used my SR 260 to select the C4 button. I get the on screen. For some reason its not coming theough the Leaf. Tried another aource on the matrix Source 6 and it does display that source ... 

i have recalibrated each time so I am completely lost here...

when you do this in the room you are looking for it. is the remote changing to the name of the ea controller? Could be a resolution issue. the correct thing would be to turn on everything and resync the matrix.

Thank you all so here ia what i have checked: 

The binding from the C4 Leaf Matrix Source 6 to the EA5 HDMI out. I have three EA5s and made tripple sure the right one is bound.

In system manager stopped navigator and re enabled it. 

Today I plugged a old monitor with HdMI  from the EA 5 to the monitor and used my SR 260 to select the C4 button. I get the on screen. For some reason its not coming theough the Leaf. Tried another aource on the matrix Source 6 and it does display that source ... 

i have recalibrated each time so I am completely lost here...

Archived