C4 Forums | Control4

One Relay Module stops working and works when network wire is disconnected and connected again

raza

I have installed 3 relay modules in a system where 1 of these modules stops working suddenly and rest of them keep working perfectly.

when I disconnect the network cable and reconnect it the module starts working again. please let me know if there is a permanent fix for this issue. thanks

Sounds to me like the module is losing it's network connection (maybe it's DHCP lease is expiring, and that's when it's going offline).  Pulling the network cable, and then reconnecting it is causing a DHCP request, and then it's coming back online after getting an IP.  I'd look at the network (swap cables if possible, and if not possible to swap cables move it to a different location, etc) and see if it keeps happening...

26 minutes ago, dw886 said:

Sounds to me like the module is losing it's network connection (maybe it's DHCP lease is expiring, and that's when it's going offline).  Pulling the network cable, and then reconnecting it is causing a DHCP request, and then it's coming back online after getting an IP.  I'd look at the network (swap cables if possible, and if not possible to swap cables move it to a different location, etc) and see if it keeps happening...

Thank you for the comment. Actually I also had same idea of going offline issue. But the module keeps showing itself online when opened in composer system design of connections section. I also tried changing the cable and changing its port in the network switch. Problem seems to be in the module itself as it keeps showing onile but stops working. I also tried setting it to Static IP setting instead of DHCP but same thing happens after working fine for an hour or so. Please share any valuable tips you think I should try. Thanks again. 

Archived