C4 Forums | Control4

New Sonos Amp

New Sonos amps/Connect (AVR zone)/ & Playbars VS EA Controller/Triad Matrix/TriadAmps etc. for a whole house system.  I really can't see good reasons to go with the C4 solution  Voice control alone is in my opinion the deciding factor.  Alexa, play XX in the Kitchen....done.  I can play anything I want from any music service in any room with voice.  Cant do that with C4 in any scenario.   C4 just seems dated in this regard.  Am I missing something that makes this a harder decision?

New Sonos amps/Connect (AVR zone)/ & Playbars VS EA Controller/Triad Matrix/TriadAmps etc. for a whole house system.  I really can't see good reasons to go with the C4 solution  Voice control alone is in my opinion the deciding factor.  Alexa, play XX in the Kitchen....done.  I can play anything I want from any music service in any room with voice.  Cant do that with C4 in any scenario.   C4 just seems dated in this regard.  Am I missing something that makes this a harder decision?
I can do that from any of my Google home's, mini's or android phones into my c4 system

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Using C4 alone, I'm able to setup an action in Composer HE to play XYZ in a specific room which I can trigger from a remote or light switch. I haven't tried with Alexa yet, I can test it out this weekend and get back to you.  It probably also depends on what your music source is and how good that's integration w c4 is - what are you using for a music source?

35 minutes ago, ObuseMe said:

Using C4 alone, I'm able to setup an action in Composer HE to play XYZ in a specific room which I can trigger from a remote or light switch. I haven't tried with Alexa yet, I can test it out this weekend and get back to you.  It probably also depends on what your music source is and how good that's integration w c4 is - what are you using for a music source?

Mind sharing how you programmed this in Composer?

2 hours ago, ObuseMe said:

You are setting up programming to maybe play a channel but that programming will never change.  It will play the same one every time with no customization.  With full voice control I can ask for any station, any channel, any artist etc.  Can't do that with C4 with any device as far a i know. 

3 hours ago, ObuseMe said:

We also do that using Sonos Play List and Favourites - However have Sensors trigger at certain times of the days 

Nightime - Waves or Whales sounds etc 

On 3/22/2019 at 12:52 PM, Control-IT said:

You are setting up programming to maybe play a channel but that programming will never change.  It will play the same one every time with no customization.  With full voice control I can ask for any station, any channel, any artist etc.  Can't do that with C4 with any device as far a i know. 

Oh yes that is a really good point. Though Amazon Echo integration with Spotify Connect is really good, so I suppose I could break it up into two separate commands 1) Turn on the C4 zone with the sonos source selected, and then 2) "Alexa play Tweezer by Phish on Spotify in the basement" where "basement" is the sonos room.  That would work, right? (still need to connect alexa with C4)

Archived