C4 Forums | Control4

Wattbox vs Digital Loggers

I've used 3 Digital Loggers Web Powerswitches over the years, and 100% of them failed after about 5-7 years.

I get that 5-7 years is a decent run, but 3/3 have been replaced for product failure, not due to upgrade. My Control4 outlet switches have a much better failure rate, but part of the things I want to be able to bounce is Control4.

Are Wattboxes any more reliable? Do they last longer?

On 3/22/2019 at 2:02 PM, chopedogg88 said:

I would recommend wattbox. They are solid and if there are any issues snapav stands behind them and will ship out an advanced replacement.

I would be happy to source you one if you need.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

What's the MSRP on the Wattbox WB-700?

On 3/22/2019 at 5:57 PM, alanchow said:

As an alternative check out the TP-Link HS300 power strip with our TP-Link driver.

6 outlets with control + power monitoring + surge protection with 4 x usb ports to power various usb powered devices.

https://www.kasasmart.com/us/products/smart-plugs/kasa-smart-wi-fi-power-strip-hs300

Did not know the 6 outlet wifi power strip product existed. Thank you for the tip!

Go with a current Wattbox model.  Some of the prior gen models floating around for cheap on Ebay have design flaws and have a high failure rate.
Is the WB 700 on that list of models with known flaws?

Read on this board the 600's had some issues.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Depending on how you are going to use it, check out the new vertices strip units WattBox just released.  I have one, but have not yet installed it in my rack.  I expect it to help clean up some of my power cable  management and it has like 18 outlets

I know this is off topic, but some of you Snap dealers should push them to add a feature that allows users to change the order of outlet booting.  I have everything running on UPS’s, so do not like to power cycle just to change the order of my plugs/outlets as I refine the rebooting sequence of my system.  And in reality, only a few devices need to be in the reboot loop.  Once modems, routers, switches, WAP’s and controllers are rebooted, everything else can be restarted as needed by C4.

14 hours ago, C4 User said:

I know this is off topic, but some of you Snap dealers should push them to add a feature that allows users to change the order of outlet booting.  I have everything running on UPS’s, so do not like to power cycle just to change the order of my plugs/outlets as I refine the rebooting sequence of my system.  And in reality, only a few devices need to be in the reboot loop.  Once modems, routers, switches, WAP’s and controllers are rebooted, everything else can be restarted as needed by C4.

Not sure I follow you. They reboot in numerical sequence (can't change that) and you can set delay time between outlets.

And you can set which automatically reboot when loss of ping or through trigger, not all need to.

If you're saying, when you use the physical switch it reboots all, yes, since it's a power switch. If that's not what you want use the trigger input for rebooting instead.

7 minutes ago, RAV said:

Not sure I follow you. They reboot in numerical sequence (can't change that) and you can set delay time between outlets.

And you can set which automatically reboot when loss of ping or through trigger, not all need to.

If you're saying, when you use the physical switch it reboots all, yes, since it's a power switch. If that's not what you want use the trigger input for rebooting instead.

What I am saying is it would be very helpful to be able to change the order of reboot.

23 hours ago, C4 User said:

What I am saying is it would be very helpful to be able to change the order of reboot.

I would contend if you know it reboots in sequential order couldn't you plug things into that sequence as needed?

9 minutes ago, Neo1738 said:

I would contend if you know it reboots in sequential order couldn't you plug things into that sequence as needed?

I could and I do.  But with the new vertical strip, it is nice to be able to plug each device into the outlet closet to the device and not necessarily in the outlet reboot order.  Plus I know this relatively simple programming to achieve, so worth asking for.

1 minute ago, C4 User said:

I could and I do.  But with the new vertical strip, it is nice to be able to plug each device into the outlet closet to the device and not necessarily in the outlet reboot order.  Plus I know this relatively simple programming to achieve, so worth asking for.

That's fair, I could see more on an 18 outlet strip as well. 

Archived