C4 Forums | Control4

Sound Bar + Surround + Smart tv

Hey,

I was recently asked to install a 5.1 soundbar (Lg sky10) with and in-wall rear surround speakers and a sub. The system would technically end up being a 7.2.2 system with everything included. Now, getting audio to the soundbar and the speakers is doable, if we're just trying to get audio there (so, no 'surround' sound.. just stereo, an issue but not the primary one yet), the real big issue is how I'd get the audio from the smart tv (youtube, netflix...) down to the receiver and back up to the speakers and soundbar, while also being able to send up a signal from the rack sources. 
They've got an EA5 as the brain, Pioneer SC-LX801 receiver, Lg Sky10, Lg C8 77", and Binary 900 receivers/transmitters/Ctrl for the video feed.

I'm new at this, my background is in live production so I understand how things should work, just not totally in this context yet.

Thanks

Do not use ARC, either run an optical toslink from tv to receiver location or use an optical over CAT balun. 

Or better yet, put an AppleTV or roku at the avr. It’s a much better experience than using the built in apps. 

Archived