C4 Forums | Control4

Composer Disconnecting

Hey Guys, 

I recently ran into an issue with composer/director whenever I would refresh navigators composer would show not responding. Sometimes it would reconnect in a couple seconds, sometimes it would take 20min, other types it would just completley lock up and would have to power cycle the controller. I've spent several hours with tech support tier 1 and tier 2. When reviewing the logs they saw the Wattboxes checking in SDDP every minute. They also questioned a hunter douglass power view hub that could be causing issues. As soon as I would refresh navigator CPU usage would shoot to 25%. My question is...

1. Has anyone experienced any issues with the hunter douglass power view hub? 

2. Has anyone had an issue with Wattboxes on the same network as C4? I use wattboxes in nearly every C4 project and have yet to experience an issue until now. I unplugged the two wattboxes from the network and seemed to not experience the same issue?

3. Does anyone know if there is a way to stop the Wattboxes from broadcasting SDDP?

Thanks!

1. every time shades are such a difficult good quality integration almost always is poor have not found a solution i am fond of yet

2. none

3. remove them from the network and use 12 volt trigger for power control if you need it.

are they integrated into the project? try removing them, if not try adding them.

19 hours ago, Matt Lowe said:

1. every time shades are such a difficult good quality integration almost always is poor have not found a solution i am fond of yet

2. none

3. remove them from the network and use 12 volt trigger for power control if you need it.

are they integrated into the project? try removing them, if not try adding them.

Thanks Matt for your response. I am not using the Wattbox in the project other than for IP controllable outlets for remote power cycling. 

1. never used it.

2. yeah, I've seen mention of some sort of issue with them. Unplugging them and the issue going away seems like that's the case. I would try firmware updates on them if possible.

3. I doubt it's the SDDP causing the issue, if the Wattboxes are indeed causing the issue. More likely it's UPnP traffic. There have been other issues with bad UPnP traffic causing issues with Control4.

4 hours ago, thegreatheed said:

1. never used it.

2. yeah, I've seen mention of some sort of issue with them. Unplugging them and the issue going away seems like that's the case. I would try firmware updates on them if possible.

3. I doubt it's the SDDP causing the issue, if the Wattboxes are indeed causing the issue. More likely it's UPnP traffic. There have been other issues with bad UPnP traffic causing issues with Control4.

Control4 told me that typically a SDDP device checks in like every 15 minutes or something, the wattboxes were checking in like every second. I will look to see if there are any updates. 

Thanks.

2 hours ago, Matt Lowe said:

what router and switch do you have? could be that they are buckling under the network traffic or blocking it.

Luxul router and managed switch. We pretty much use these for every project and never have had a problem.

Archived