C4 Forums | Control4

DSC NEO Integration Features

Tink

Howdy,

Looking at a C4 system in my next house and in speaking with the dealer regarding security panel options, he mentioned that the DSC NEO is "just basic functionality" and "doesn't have all the same features as the (other alarm system) or the standard keypad".

Can anyone tell me what he may have meant by this?
What I hope I can do is:

• Arm/Disarm via all C4 methods/apps
  • Have automation events happen in response to security panel events
  • Have automation events happen in response to security zone changes (e.g. turn on the whole house fan if it is cool outside and somebody opens a window...)
  • Perhaps even Bypass/Restore zones as part of an automation event (e.g. arm in night mode with the guest room window bypassed in case they want to open it in the middle of the night)

Thanks for the info.

• 2 months later...

You can do all the above, except the last part of bypass when armed via C4, as you can'y access function keys from C4 to trigger this. Or at least I haven't found a way.  The biggest limitation is getting events reported back to C4 from panel, such as seeing what zone triggered the alarm. 

• 10 months later...

We have a new Neo panel installed with the TL-280re module on it for integration into the Control4 system VIA serial connection. What i'm noticing is that there is not a way to bypass zones from the C4 app or touch screens. Has anyone else seen this and is there a way to fix it?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.