C4 Forums | Control4

How to provide user interface for selecting AVR sound modes, etc. New proxy driver?

sofakng

I'm a new developer with the Control4 partner program (driver creation) and I've completed the tutorials and have created a nice HTPC (Steam/EventGhost) driver, but I'm still not completely sure what's available on the Control4 platform.

For example, how does a user with an SR-260 remote switch between different modes on an AVR or something requiring custom buttons?

I've seen the "Custom Buttons" agent in Control4 but you can only have a handful of them and they are room-wide and not device specific.

It would be great if you could select a device and then available options at the top of the navigator (SR-260).  The three "dot" buttons require memorization of the associated commands.  I'm thinking about an interface where the options are the top of the screen and you could arrow up/down through them, etc.  I think this requires a new type of proxy driver?

Can anybody give me any advice or information or if this is even possible?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2019 at 11:16 AM, lippavisual said:

Experience buttons for easier sound mode integration.  Change icon to a music note or something.  Each press toggles through the modes.  This works fine for sr260.

Are you talking about the 'UIButton' drivers?  These appear under 'Watch' or 'Listen' ?

On 3/27/2019 at 5:47 PM, sofakng said:

I'm a new developer with the Control4 partner program (driver creation) and I've completed the tutorials and have created a nice HTPC (Steam/EventGhost) driver, but I'm still not completely sure what's available on the Control4 platform.

For example, how does a user with an SR-260 remote switch between different modes on an AVR or something requiring custom buttons?

I've seen the "Custom Buttons" agent in Control4 but you can only have a handful of them and they are room-wide and not device specific.

It would be great if you could select a device and then available options at the top of the navigator (SR-260).  The three "dot" buttons require memorization of the associated commands.  I'm thinking about an interface where the options are the top of the screen and you could arrow up/down through them, etc.  I think this requires a new type of proxy driver?

Can anybody give me any advice or information or if this is even possible?

the only way to switch sound modes would be to use a navigator device. the AVR proxy has a gui for selecting sounds modes. The remotes do not have this options at this time. If a customer really wanted this on the remote we would program custom buttons, experience buttons, or the remotes customer buttons.

4 minutes ago, lippavisual said:

Yes, experience buttons can be placed in many places on the navigator.

Are you talking about the menus such as Comfort, Lights, Watch, etc?  Can they be placed anywhere else?

1 hour ago, sofakng said:

Are you talking about the menus such as Comfort, Lights, Watch, etc?  Can they be placed anywhere else?

Not in Lights (because if you notice, selecting Lights doesn't really bring up a 'submenu', more of a big device control page). But yes for most menus. Comfort, Security, Watch, Listen.

Receiver proxy has surround sound modes.  Note this doesn't give you feedback as to the current surround mode in navigator and it is statically defined in the driver's XML.

348321967_SurrounfModes2.jpg.6f7861cffcd867b7860f7838209580bd.jpg

Alternatively you can combine it with a MSP proxy and do something like this which is dynamic and will have feedback.
411000544_SpeakerProfiles.jpg.360fe0282490ff0d59da4bf6ca7cf3e9.jpg

For actual implementation advice you will have to ask in the driverworks part of the official control4 forums due to this being a public forum and all.

Archived