C4 Forums | Control4

SamOKC

Question

This is my first project installing Control4 automation. So this project has 24 speakers, 24 zones. I know i would need a audio matrix switch, amplifier and an AVR. i somehow cannot figure out which combination of these should i get?

can someone help me out on this?

7 answers to this question

13 minutes ago, sonic30101 said:

24 speakers and 24 zones? The c4 audio matrices are 8 or 24 zones. How many rooms are surround sound? What are the rooms with stereo speakers and how many are in each room?

Well, they are a total of 24 speakers in total all around the house, and it is just one speaker in each rooms. None of the rooms are surround sound. There are about 4 speakers in the hallway which is goin to be a zone.

9 minutes ago, SamOKC said:

Well, they are a total of 24 speakers in total all around the house, and it is just one speaker in each rooms. None of the rooms are surround sound. There are about 4 speakers in the hallway which is goin to be a zone.

Sounds like you need a triad 24x24. Why 1 in each room? Are they dual voice coil? Would expect coverage to be weak with 1 in each room, havent done that except for small bathrooms

30 minutes ago, sonic30101 said:

Sounds like you need a triad 24x24. Why 1 in each room? Are they dual voice coil? Would expect coverage to be weak with 1 in each room, havent done that except for small bathrooms

The client only wants one speaker in each area. Anyway, the Triad 24x24 is what i was gonna get. But i think whats got me baffled is the amplifier

Depends on the speakers and budget on if you will use regular amps or dvc. I guess you can select the checkbox for mono in the audio matrix and use 1 8zone triad amp and 1 4zone triad amp for a budget friendly setup. Either that or dvc speakers and 3 8zone triads. Always different ways to skin the cat, I'm sure many others can give a bunch of alternative layouts

You need to think of distributed audio in terms on source > distribution> amplification> zones. Design the system based on desired usage and past experience. Are they coming from a old fashioned system of zone 2 audio from an AVR with volume controls  Do they now want  to play different music in different zones. If you have 24 speakers but are using multiple speakers as one zone (like the hallway) then you don't have 24 zones, you now have 21 zones. Now with that said the hallway could be run off a single amp channel by wiring those 4 speakers in series/parallel and configuring a triad matrix switch output for summed mono. Look at your design globally and then work inward.

Archived