C4 Forums | Control4

Pakedge BU8442Z & Luma 510 NVR - Unable to record on motion

We have several Pakedge Bullet Cameras [BU8442Z] installed on a Luma 510 NVR. Having trouble trying to setup record on motion for those channels and need some help please.

I can view footage and record continuous for the Pakedge camera NVR channels, but trying to figure out if there is a way to record on motion events. I have other HikVision cameras on the same Luma 510 NVR and those channels record on motion. The motion events are also saved on the playback timeline. 

The Pakedge cameras have so many stream settings that I feel it should work and I just have something wrong. The Motion Detection is enabled in the settings. I tested the camera on the Onvif Device Manager as well and it picks up the motion events. 

Anyone have experience with this or have any advice? Thanks!

• 6 months later...

I know it's been a while, but were you folks able to get this working? I've also got some Pakedge cameras (TU6542Z) and a Luma 510. I've got motion events enabled on the cameras, and they show the little "M" icon when motion happens, but I can't get the Luma to start recording based on motion. Continuous recording works great though.

For mine there ended up being another setting I needed to change in the NVR settings. In the end though I’m not recording on motion. I found the cameras no matter what sensitivity setting I set it to picked up motion basically all the time. So no I’m tagging motion events but recording 24/7. Think my NVR makes it 3 weeks in this mode before it starts erasing. Then I can just search on motion tags when I do playback. Because of the sensitivity, notifications also became pointless 

22 hours ago, Topfox said:

For mine there ended up being another setting I needed to change in the NVR settings. In the end though I’m not recording on motion. I found the cameras no matter what sensitivity setting I set it to picked up motion basically all the time. So no I’m tagging motion events but recording 24/7. Think my NVR makes it 3 weeks in this mode before it starts erasing. Then I can just search on motion tags when I do playback. Because of the sensitivity, notifications also became pointless 

Do you remember what setting that was on the NVR? I don't mind leaving it recording continuously, as long as the motion events are logged. I'm still not even setting motion events being registered by the NVR though.

• 3 months later...

For others that may run into a similar issue, I've been in touch with someone on a related team at SnapAV, and got the following response from him:

I set up a Pakedge camera on a Luma NVR and am seeing the same result.  It seems to be related to the structure of the ONVIF event the Pakedge camera is sending. See below.  I’ll submit this to the Luma developers to see if it’s something that can be addressed in a firmware update.

I don't have any other updates, but if I do get more info, I'll update it here.

(Full disclosure, I'm a C4 employee, with the setup above. Just posting this from an account that's linked to my work email. I'll ditch the wrench account and start posting here using this account now.)

• 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.