LollerAgent

Garage door sensors

Question

I'm trying to find some simple sensors that I can wire to my controller to determine if my garage doors are open or not.

I stumbled upon these which I believe will work fine:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005H3GCW0/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A29PFSLE3D9XFX&psc=1

My problem at the moment is that the CAT6 that I have ran for these sensors is near the bottom of the door, not the top of the door where I think these sensors would need to be located .  I can always fish the cable back up through the drywall, but I was wondering if there was another type of sensor that would work that I could mount lower to the rail... or, is it possible that these sensors could also be installed lower on the rail?

Any ideas?

19 answers to this question

I have the same ones you linked.  Work fine at the bottom of my door.  The hinged portion gets mounted to the door and the other part with the wiring gets mounted to the floor surface.

10 minutes ago, Matt Lowe said:

what they look like 

image.jpeg.5b2f0d3763cca059e898589125c75266.jpeg

Ah, so this one isn't mounted on the floor!  Sensor on the vertical rail, and the other contact piece on the door?

15 minutes ago, therockhr said:

Just got a set of these and I have no idea how I should mount them. Anyone else have any pictures?

I'll take a picture when I go home.

On 5/3/2019 at 6:03 PM, Matt Lowe said:

what they look like 

image.jpeg.5b2f0d3763cca059e898589125c75266.jpeg

I have this one as well.  Never had a problem with it.

On 5/4/2019 at 11:16 AM, Matt Lowe said:

correct the second one is the one mounted to the floor.

Why two sensors? - or are you talking about the second one on a different door?

Cheers.

I can comment on the nyce tilt sensors they tiny and work perfectly got mine from Ari one of the dealers on the forum.

The down side they are quite expensive. I get why they are tiiiiiinnny and doesnt look like a nuclear bomb attached to your garage door.

I can comment on the nyce tilt sensors they tiny and work perfectly got mine from Ari@chopedogg88 one of the dealers on the forum.

The down side they are quite expensive. I get why they are tiiiiiinnny and doesnt look like a nuclear bomb attached to your garage door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro