C4 Forums | Control4

AV Receiver selection

Probably been asked many times but things change.  Looking for a recco on a 9.2 channel Atmos AVR.  Looking to try to stay with a single unit to keep costs down but would move into separates if there is a good cost effective combo.  Of course C4 integration important

Probably been asked many times but things change.  Looking for a recco on a 9.2 channel Atmos AVR.  Looking to try to stay with a single unit to keep costs down but would move into separates if there is a good cost effective combo.  Of course C4 integration important
https://www.sony.com/electronics/av-receivers/str-za5000es

Sent from my E6603 using Tapatalk

On 4/10/2019 at 2:35 PM, Control-IT said:

It will be running Triad in ceiling speakers and think some of those are 4 ohm.  The Denon be OK with that?

Which model?  What are the benefits of 4 ohm for in-ceiling speakers?

5 hours ago, fluid15 said:

Which model?  What are the benefits of 4 ohm for in-ceiling speakers?

I don't think anybody chooses a 4ohm speaker based on its nominal impedance or any benefits or otherwise it might offer, they chose the Triad speakers for their audio performance credentials and it just so happens that they are a 4ohm load.

A 4 ohm load will tend to draw more power from the amplifier make it work harder. A lot of cheap AVRs do not fare well with low impedance loads as their internal power supply does not have the capacity to deliver the increased power demanded from them. I would imagine most AVRs around the £1500+ make would be perfectly happy with multiple 4 ohm loads.

Yamaha was founded in 1887 manufacturing instruments and has been manufacturing HiFi products since 1954. Their products have proven to perform extremely well and have been very reliable for us. We always propose their Aventage line.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, casperspooks said:

Yamaha was founded in 1887 manufacturing instruments and has been manufacturing HiFi products since 1954. Their products have proven to perform extremely well and have been very reliable for us. We always propose their Aventage line.

I've had nothing but issues with their Avantage line using network control (mind you, they're not the only one). Serial seems fine though, and there's nothing wrong with the equipment quality.

On 4/10/2019 at 1:35 PM, Control-IT said:

It will be running Triad in ceiling speakers and think some of those are 4 ohm.  The Denon be OK with that?

I'm not sure any of them are, MAYBE their gold series?

4 hours ago, tdougray said:

There are so many great speaker manufactures who make ceiling speakers which are 8 ohms and easy to drive (B&W, Kef, Monitor Audio) to name but a few. Have not heard the triads are they that superior in sound?

They are very good, wouldn't hesitate to put them alongside and even above the ones you mentioned.

Whether they are worth their added price is another matter, and really in the 'ear of the listener' as is so often the case with things like receivers and speakers.

I've had nothing but issues with their Avantage line using network control (mind you, they're not the only one). Serial seems fine though, and there's nothing wrong with the equipment quality.
Curious to know if network issues were completely ruled out in those instances. Any other commonalities between projects like the network gear used? IP control has been 100% solid for us despite being very skeptical about it at first.

Sent using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, casperspooks said:

Curious to know if network issues were completely ruled out in those instances. Any other commonalities between projects like the network gear used? IP control has been 100% solid for us despite being very skeptical about it at first.

Sent using Tapatalk

Not even a moment of doubt the network is fine in each instance.

18 hours ago, Cyknight said:

They are very good, wouldn't hesitate to put them alongside and even above the ones you mentioned.

Whether they are worth their added price is another matter, and really in the 'ear of the listener' as is so often the case with things like receivers and speakers.

That's good to know but IMO does beg the question why would you consider them over the aforementioned considering the hefty price tag and being difficult ( should say more difficult as correct pairing wouldn't cause issues) to drive.  would open up a lot more options on the AVR front. I.E I too love Denon and would endorse the AVR-X4500H but I would not know if it would struggle drive the Triads.

1 hour ago, tdougray said:

That's good to know but IMO does beg the question why would you consider them over the aforementioned considering the hefty price tag and being difficult ( should say more difficult as correct pairing wouldn't cause issues) to drive.  would open up a lot more options on the AVR front. I.E I too love Denon and would endorse the AVR-X4500H but I would not know if it would struggle drive the Triads.

I already mentioned that at least most if not all of them (I think the soundbar may be an exception) are regular 8Ohm. Nothing difficult to pair at all there.

They sound better than most, especially their sealed unit. But it's ALWAYS a matter of opinion.

1 minute ago, Cyknight said:

I already mentioned that at least most if not all of them (I think the soundbar may be an exception) are regular 8Ohm

Apologies must of missed this previous mention. only saw the 4 ohm reference.

Archived