C4 Forums | Control4

Chowmain - DaVinci Custom Fireplaces Driver (FREE)

alanchow

Chowmain%20Logo%20Transparent%20Medium.png

Chowmain - FREE DaVinci Custom Fireplaces Driver

Travis Industries is the largest privately owned fireplace company in America. Forty years ago, Travis Industries came together to show customers how the warmth and comfort of an American-made, artfully designed fireplace could be as awe-inspiring as fire itself. Now, as they embark on new decades ahead, our passion and our people continue to stoke that flame. 

The FREE Travis Industries DaVinci Fireplace driver for Control4 allows for full two way control over the DaVinci line of fireplaces with the following functionality. 

Features

• RS232 control 
  • OFF, HEAT modes 
  • 10 levels of fan speeds 
  • room temperature feedback 
  • humidity feedback 
  • Flame level control (optional accessory) 
  • Aux burner control (optional accessory) 
  • Lamp Level control (optional accessory) 
  • LED Color 
  • LED Pulse 

FAQ 

Can you give us some examples of how we could use this driver? 

• Control your fireplace from any Control4 enabled device (keypad, touchscreen, onscreen, PC, smart phone or tablet) 
  • Set up a single button on your keypad to dim the lights, start up the fireplace and play some romantic music. 
  • Schedule your fireplace to turn on in the morning using a wake up scene 
  • Automatically turn off your fireplace when you arm your security system. 

Where do i buy one of these fireplaces? 
Please see the links below for more information about the driver. 

DaVinci Website 

What cabling do i run to the fireplace 
You can find out more information about the hardware via the link below. 

How do I buy the driver? 
This driver is sponsored by Travis Industries and comes FREE of charge. 

How do I find out more information about the driver? 
Please see the links below for more information about the driver. 

Chowmain Website 

DaVinci+1.png 

DaVinci+2.png 

• 1 month later...

On 6/6/2019 at 6:46 AM, CodyBanks said:

Hey, I'm having trouble getting the Control4 controller to communicate with the fireplace, I was wondering  If you could tell me how you physically had this wired to the fireplace from the controller.

Travis Industries sent us a development kit so its totally different from a real fireplace.  It was all setup for us so can't comment on how to physically set it up.  You are best off reaching out to them for assistance.

I do know one thing.  They got the RS232 gender incorrect when they first sent it to us but fixed it in a new board revision that they sent later.

• 3 years later...

Experiencing some issues with this. I can turn on the fireplace but after a couple seconds, the status of the fireplace shows up as "OFF" in Control4. So to turn off the fireplace, I have to turn on "HEAT" and then turn it "OFF".

Also, the lighting features are acting weird. When I try to change the LED colors, all it would do is turn up the brightness and then dim it back down. Also, I cannot set any of the optional accessories value, it just defaults back to true.

Any ideas on what could have gone wrong? 

On 11/9/2022 at 9:32 AM, YseanY said:

Experiencing some issues with this. I can turn on the fireplace but after a couple seconds, the status of the fireplace shows up as "OFF" in Control4. So to turn off the fireplace, I have to turn on "HEAT" and then turn it "OFF".

Also, the lighting features are acting weird. When I try to change the LED colors, all it would do is turn up the brightness and then dim it back down. Also, I cannot set any of the optional accessories value, it just defaults back to true.

Any ideas on what could have gone wrong? 

Please reach out to Travis Industries as they have opted to provide their own support for the driver.

travisindustries.com

(425) 609-2500

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.